Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 1:53:54 AM EDT
Does it have a chrome lined bore and chamber??? I hate to sound stupid, but I'm seriously considering buying one of these to compliment my Bushmaster, and one of the many things I like about the Bushy is the chrome lined barrel... Thanks in advance,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The barrel is chromed, and should last you a long time.  If you want to compliment your Bushmaster, just say nice things to it. :)

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
StariVojnik - Thanks for the reply - I thought it had a chrome lined bore, I just wanted to make sure... I DO think chrome lining makes a barrel last longer, have less ejection/extraction problems, and clean up easier(less fouling)... I don't have ANY problems saying nice things to my Bushy - it's been a better weapon than I could've expected: it's yet to have a bobble of any kind after a few thousand rounds, is VERY accurate, and came from the factory with a nice trigger... It's an XM15 E2S A2 with a 20" fluted heavy barrel... Now I'm looking for something a little more compact, and cheaper to shoot without spending a ton of dough - I'm sure the SAR-1 will fit that bill rather nicely... After that aquisition, I'll be looking into an FAL, or saving my pennies and buying an M1A... I have other handgun and bolt rifle wants, so those three battle rifles will suffice for now... I figure one in .223, 7.62x39, and .308 will cover pretty much all of MY needs... Too bad I'm not wealthy enough to buy whatever I want, hahaha!!!! Thanks for the reply,

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get 'em while you can...

Your on a crusade aren't you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster's are accurate rifles.  I have a Colt MT-6700 Hbar which I am very proud of.  The SAR's are inexpensive and they are fun to shoot.  Consider later getting yourself an FAL from DSA, inc.  Their rifles and the workmanship is one of the best in the US.
You can either buy one from them or you can send them a FAL kit and they will custom build you a FAL.  

go to www.dsarms.com  and check'em out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]

If you want to compliment your Bushmaster, just say nice things to it. :)

Holy shit I just spilled my coffee on my lap from laughing at that one

Gary

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
StariVojnik - I certainly wouldn't mind an FAL from DSA, or maybe even one from Ohio RapidFire - depending on available funds... They are both highly regarded, judging by what I've read - with DSA being the cream of the crop... The DSA's are a little pricey, though - and if I have to pay nearly $800 for an FAL, I'd most likely kick in another $400 and buy the M1A I've always wanted... We'll see...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Gary_P - Yeah, I thought it was OK, too... Who says the guy doesn't have a sense of humor??? HAHAhaha!!!

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a buddy who has a L1A1 and a CETME. The CETME hits you really hard, true battle rifle. But the L1A1 is like shootin an AK....oooohhhh its so sweet!  I am conflicted between a AR-10 and an L1A1 for my next addition to my collection.
As far as price goes we already have a winner...but if I can get the cash the AR-10 will win out!
I just love heavy calibers, those AR-15's are like shooting a 22. SNNNOOOOZZZEE!!!!!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top