Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2003 3:44:30 PM EDT
03 date stamp. I'm thinking about replacing the wood furniture with plastic, because I like plastic. Anyplace to get it on a college budget?

I need some 30 round mags too. I might see if anybody wants to trade two or soemthing for this 40 rounder that came with it. CDNN lists 40 round for $19 and 30 for $8, so I think two would be fair. The 40 sticks out to much for me. I mean, it's huge.

Haven't shot it yet. Can't wait.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Get your furniture from www.k-var.com.  Got mine from there and it works great.  May require a little filing and drilling, but it's not a problem if you have the tools.

On mags, I think aimsurplus has the best prices for 30 rounders, like 10 for $70.  I'd keep the 40 rounder for a range toy too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
At the very least get the Red Star disconnector spring. It does a great job of decreasing the trigger pull. Polish the Century parts and you have a trigger you can live with. Still not the greatest, but you can live with it. Also get the plate that replaces the shepard's hook. Well worth the $12.

Be sure to check out linx310.nothingbutguns.com/ . Lots of info, especially check out the trigger tuneup page.

I just bought a box of the AIM mags. 10 for $69.50. These are all nice mags.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Get your mags from:

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Rifle_Magazines.html

30rd mags are $7.95 ea or 10 for $69.50.

Kvar has a deal going on stocks right now, but you better jump on it fast!

www.k-var.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=277&1=278&2=1082

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top