Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/13/2003 11:49:24 AM EDT
Picked up a WASR-10 in trade the other day. Pretty happy with it, functions fine, etc. Just wondering if anyone else who has one and is more clever than I has come up with some ingenious way to make the mags "wobble" a little less? Doesn't seem to affect the functioning, just kinda distracting.....Thanks in advance....

Dave Ray
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:47:33 PM EDT
I have the same problem. Sometimes when I pull the trigger at a fast rate empty cases will get jammed in the chamber. BTW, I also have a WASR 10

I'd say just have custom mags made, as the AK mags just don't seem to be made for the Romanian Export imatation WASR 10.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:17:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2003 8:26:18 PM EDT by BreakerM]
Mine wobble a bit from side to side, seem pretty tight fore and aft. I haven't had any functioning problems just yet. Just a minor annoyance. Seems like just gluing a piece of credit card on the sides of the tops of the mags would work well. Why don't I try that and report back? OK, I will...........:)

Dave Ray
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:28:44 AM EDT
I was looking at a couple of these at the fun show this past weekend.

Every WASR I picked up, the mags wobbled side to side.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:53:24 PM EDT
I took a computer block off plate, cut two 1" long pieces off, mixed up some JB Weld, C-Clamped them to each side of the magwell, walla.. no more mag wobble. Worked great...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:36:39 PM EDT
i was wondering what is the difference between the WASR-10 that takes 30rnd mags and the SAR-1.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:07:41 AM EDT
I have heard that drum's don't work well in the WASR-10. Could this have anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:13:13 AM EDT
Get the Bulgarian waffle mags from k-var. No wobble, look cool too! They are a little wider than steel mags, function great.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:33:32 PM EDT
I can't really remember weather or not I had the mag. wobble on my SAR. Has anyone had this problem with a SAR. the mag wobbles very little in my WASR, but I think it did the same in my SAR.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:42:21 PM EDT
I think the WASR mag wobble problem comes from the fact that the WASR's do not have the mag well indentations that normal stamped reciever AK's have.

Compare a WASR to a SAR and you will see what I mean.

The purpose of the 2 indentions was to hold the mag steady in the stamped reciever. Although some stamped recievers use flat metal welded in place of the indentions. Examples: RPK, RPK-74, VEPR, and some Saiga models.

Top Top