Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 9:12:56 AM EDT
I finally got around to shooting it today, and it just isn't for me.

I have a SAR-2 with the Red Star Arms trigger and 11 of the Bakelite mags. What would this package be worth?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
$450+/- IMO
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
What don't you like about it, and give AR15.com members a price break

=D
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It is just too small for me, I like my AR's a bit better.

I would gladly give an ar15.com member a price break, make me a fair offer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The SAR1, SAR2 butt stock is real short.  I suppose this is for a couple reasons, the people over there are a bit shorter AND they often wear heavy clothes.  Some of us big Americans like to 'crawl up the stock' and get along fine with short stocks.  NOT ME, I replaced my stock with a 1.25" longer one from K-VAR, it fits me fine now. Cost me about $92 including shipping.

Before you sell it try this trick I read about here: buy a big snickers bar and tape it on the butt of the rifle to lengthen it about an inch. Put it up to your shoulder, is it better?  Try this for 79 cents before yo sell it off and wonder if you did the right thing.  

Edible stock parts, what a concept!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll trade you a Mossberg Maverick 12 guage (about 150 shells thru it) and a Squier acoustic guitar, both like new, for your SAR-2.

But if I were you, I'd just keep the SAR-2.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
PLay with the stock, and consider that other pistol grips are also available (I have one that is just like the CETME/G3 without the thumb shelf). Otherwise tell us what part of Ohio, and bring it to BulletFest before you lose interest :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in Columbus.

I am thinking of heading to Bulletfest, if I can convince any of my friends to make the trek.  That is a pretty busy weekend for me, I will have a house full of guests.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you ever go to the plate shoot at Tusco? I might be interested. Bob
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you ever go to the plate shoot at Tusco? I might be interested. I am in the Cleveland area.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I haven't been to the plate shoot in Tusco, but I am going to my very first plate shoot in Circleville next Saturday.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top