Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 6:58:25 PM EDT
Got my new SAR 2 last week - stripped the wood and refinished it over the weekend - came out NICE! Putting it together to take out for the first time and the upper handguard snapped as I was attaching it it the metal. It just snapped as I was putting it on - no excess force or anything. If anyone happens to have a Romanian "take off" upper guard they'd like to sell,please drop me an email. There goes my plans for the weekend..........
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 12:56:46 PM EDT by mickey07]
It was probably cracked to begin with. get one here www.globaltrades.com look under stocks on the left. $11.99 & $3.99 THE MIDDLE ONE IS SOLD OUT. Also make sure you still have the clip from your old one, if not they have those too B-276 $3.99-- just scroll down the page.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:11:20 PM EDT
Next time buy an AR
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:13:31 PM EDT
If you wanted to fix it you could go to:
Parallax's Curio and Relic Firearms Forums. Scroll down to the C&R stock cleaning one of the mods. is Cabinetman. I think he goes by Rome on Falfiles. He has done several posts on stock repair from minor to major damage.
I used his advice to repair the forend of my garand that had four separate cracks as long as five inches and not one is now visible.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:18:40 AM EDT
Top Top