User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey all,

New to AK's and new to these AK Forums.  SERIOUS props go out to linx310 for his AMAZING Romanian site!  So much great info crammed into an easy-to-use site.

There is no way on earth I could have learned so much about my AK in so little time.  

I've already ordered the Red Star Adjustable FCG (and by the way, OUTSTANDING company, the shipping was ridiculous fast!!) and am about to drop it in (I have shepards crook #3 in my WASR, linx...there's no WAY I'd do this without your instructions!!).

Anyhow, thanks again linx310 for your incredible site, and thanks to all of you for your help, wisdom, and guidance on what seems to be absolutely everything AK, seems there's at least a dozen experts on every tiny facet of this rifle.

And thanks to the mods here, a forum this huge is sure to be a nightmare to moderate.  When perusing this forum it's clear that it's a no BS forum, no catfights, no ego battles, just good solid info and discusssion.  That's undoubtedly due to great participants, but the mods too often get overlooked and don't get any credit when it comes to "keeping the peace" and keeping forums on track.  

Eternal thanks to all, so glad to be here!

G
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree, great site. My only problem is that you repeatedly say you can't get these rifles in California, which is obviously not true in the slightest.

Great info overall, though. It's just information like that that makes people completely overlook things that they think they can't have, and keeps FUD spreading.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I get a "Web page can't be displayed" notice and just found it. Realllllly wanted to see it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I reported it on the other AK forum as well. I miss it. Please bring it back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 4:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
error here as well
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 3:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hate to put it this way, but, I'm glad it isn't just me getting a FORBIDDEN message. I just replaced my computer after the old one self destructed and I was afraid I was on the road to 'puter termination again. ACK!

I sure hope he can get the site up and running again. It's an invaluable resource.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like we'll have to wait until after the 16th.

Announcements in Forum: Romanian AK

09-15-2009 until 10-16-2009  
Guns Network Staff
Site Administrator

Let me first say the upgrade is in progress and will be for a number of days ahead of us. We know of the problems and are addressing them based on problems at the highest priority.

For those of you who want to bitch and moan. You don't know jack shit about internet security and how vulnerable this website has been for the last 9 months. Guns Network has been in a bad situation because of the lack of upgrades in certain areas of the code. This was not of my choosing.

I know this does not make much sense to some of you but understand the major upgrades going on was a do or die without having to restart all over again. yikes...

We still have a number of days to work on the forums. Just know we are under construction but wanted to make sure you all could still watch and login and and post when you can. There are many modules attached to our website and all of them had to be all updated. It is a PITA.....

All we ask is patience folks! We have some new stuff coming on board. With the upgrades also comes some new stuff as the new stuff does not work at the version we were at for so lo

We like our house to be clean & up to date and if you do not like a house to be clean and up to date then maybe you need help in understanding that in order to make sure the bad people do not infiltrate your house. You have to make certain upgrades, for security reasons let alone for some newer features.

So, please be patient with us as this is a very stressful situation we are in. We know there are problems, allow us to work them out. We hope to have the major problems worked out before the weekend.

We will keep you all updated as soon as any changes happen.

Guns Network Staff
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Any idea of when the site will be back online?
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Still Waiting???

Link Posted: 1/1/2010 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Try this web page.  http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/overview.htm
Link Posted: 1/1/2010 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fire990:

Good deal!
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 6:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pyrewyrm] [#12]
Some good info but outdated on the current imported line of models. The markings section reveals no information on the 10/63s, with their markings and older receivers. The wife and I own two.... the serials show as 19##HE#### .... in actuality, the obvious year marking in front is not part of the serial number but the receiver manufacture date. Try telling the ATF that, since they record it as part of the serial more often than not, since nobody really wants to argue something so trivial. This change in the serial number formating and the

There are also the GP 10/63s. The WASR 10/63s (and the GP WASR 10/63s to some unknown extent) come in a variety of butt stock options: wood and synthetic fixed, collapsing, side folding, and underfolding as well as handguards made of wood w/ foward pistol grip, synthetic Galil, and original/plain wood/synthetic. Where I live, the plain 10/63s are most prevelent.

Finally, a third I've seen crop up is the GP75. From what I can tell, its a US receiver with a romanian parts kit and synthetic furniture. But I haven't the opportunity to examine one in close detail.

Edit to correct spelling/grammar
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember lurking to that web site in early 2000 .Linx310 knows his stuff plus he is a TEXAN that went to SWT in San Marcos ,Tx  I lived there back in the 80s
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Fire990:

Thank You!  I've been searching for this page for a couple of weeks, lost the link ages ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#16]
You EOD guys!
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#17]
link now takes user to external forum
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
link changed
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#19]
What about the 10/63 KR ?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I am a noob to ak's thank you for the wealth of information your website has. It's helped me to properly sight in my ak so far and I've learned a few things about the gun i didn't know so far. I just wish they still sold the blackjack safety lever but it appears to have been discontinued.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#21]
On your AK Models page, I don't see where the Romy "G" falls in.

http://www.novarata.net/Linx310/model.shtml

Can you tell me which it would be?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
I agree...Great site. Thanks for the hard work.

I bought an SAR-1 Sat. and spent much of that evening pouring over your site.
View Quote

I bought A SAR-1 two weeks ago and did the same thing. Its a damn good site loaded with info.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top