Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2003 3:16:40 PM EDT
My brother and I went shooting Sunday, he with his SAR-1, and me with my SAR-1 and two 1911's. We're in the mountains on our property when we notice three other guys and their wives about 50 yards away packing up from a day of 4 wheeling / trap shooting.  We break out our AK's and attach our 20 round mags and pop off about, well.... 40 rounds!  :-)  They immediately gaze in our direction and walking towards us holler "what are you guys shootin?"  We reload and wait until they are about 20 yards away and after sizing them up we told them and showed them.  They about shit their pants.  They said they would give us some money if we would let them shoot one of our AK's.  We said "Hell, you don't have to pay us nothin, crack off a few."  They shot about 5 rounds each and thanked us, asked us where in the world you find rifles like that and how much.  We told them we got them in town and they only cost $320 each.  They thanked us and left for town.  I'm sure we now have 3 more guys who now own SAR-1's.  Welcome to the show boys!    
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I always let folks try out my AR and my AK. The more people we convert the better chance we have of not gettin' are toys taken away.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn straight.

One reason I go to the range with at least ten full 30's is that I expect to let somebody else shoot up at least two of them.

The range I go to has a Sunday Black Rifle Club, sort of.  A bunch of mostly young men with all kinds of the rifles that give Diane Feinslime a mad-on.   Sometimes I join them.   We're well known to the rangemasters and we're all permitted to do rapid fire if we just ask.  It's GREAT when everybody on the line slams in a fresh 30,  pops one into the chamber,  and someone counts off,  "3, 2, 1,..GO!" and we do our damnedest to dump our full mags in perfect synchronization.  The noise is UNBELIEVABLE and it's impossible not to get a sappy grin on your face when everyone's right on the beat.    You'd think the roof is about to shake off its moorings.    This is one of those times when you definitely wear your custom fitted 30 dB earplugs AND your best muffs as well, and you keep your mouth closed, too.
(You can get hearing damage from the inside route if your mouth is open in a high noise environment.)

CJ

]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like fun!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the way to do it.

Anytime anybody shows interest in any of my evil guns (AK's, AR's, etc.), I practicly force them into their hands. Hell most people seem scared of them, until they shoot them.

And man, they smile on their face is always priceless.

And you always know you've done your part afterwords.

To me, that will win the war faster than a radio ad.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
It was exactly this sort of kindness that sparked my curiosity and eventually got me into shooting.

If it hadn't have been for the kindness of my half-brothers while I was growing up, (one in particular who offered to let me hold a real AK when he saw me staring) my entire family and I would probably be anti-gun.

I'd been given a couple of Crossman BB/Pellet rifles as a kid, but I had become almost scared of real firearms because of the influence that my Kalifornianized uncle had on my family.

A little later in my life, I wanted to spend some time with my mother and also try to explain why I liked guns, so I took her with me to a local gun show. I will never forget the sight of my formerly anti-gun 60-something year old mother's eyes suddenly opening wide as she rushed over to the class 3 table (missing, in her excitement, the 'Do not handle signs') and picking up that full-auto Uzi, all the while excitedly saying "Oooh! What's this one? I like this one!". ARs, AKs, she likes 'em, all now, but she only really loves Uzis.

She’s going to get an SBR Uzi one of these days as a late/early Mother's Day present
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Andrew,
Be a good Son and buy that Uzi for Mom!

My Dad, rest his soul, was not a firearm enthusiast but for some reason took a liking to a Ruger Super Blackhawk, stainless steel 44 Mag.  He just had to hold it and afted a couple cylinders of mid level loads he was pretty good with it!  He was a simple man, but this one seemed to call out to him.

But an Uzi can be rela nice too, especially in select-fire configuration..... Does Mom rock & roll?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top