Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/18/2003 3:39:41 PM EDT
I broke down and bought a AK made by CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR in Romania.
The weapon cost me $288.00+ tax at http://catalog.jgsales.com/
I picked it up as I live in AZ. and can drive up to Prescott.
I own several ARs and heavy barrel rifles.hasedAlso to have a rifle to chunk in the truck and not worry if I scratched or bumped it.

First time at the range with 18 inch steel plate at 150 yards.
This piece of communist crap will shoot.hock.gif
Offhand only, I hit 80% of rounds.
From bench 100%.
And with steel ammo.
Handed it to my 18 year old daughter her)and she hits what she is aiming at and loves the thing.
I did not expect to get the groups I get with an AR15, and did not.

The wood is nice enough that I am careful not to scratch or bump it.
The QC is after a close inspection great.

Now I have another problem.
Where can I get a cheap crappy rifle to "chunk in the truck and not worry about scratching or bumping it"?
The AK I got is to say the least accuarate, durable, Nice to look at and reasonably priced.

Some of you may think I paid too much for A Romanian AK.
But I am satisfied and happy.Happy

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
I don't think you paid too much. I've seen them a little cheaper, but not by a whole lot. I have one, and I think they are great.

As for a gun to throw in the trunk... If you are really worried about the wood, get a synthetic stock for it. Otherwise, throw it in the trunk as it is. It will survive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:09:55 PM EDT
I think you did fine and glad you like it. SAR's go for a lot more here in NJ (I paid $395.00 for my SAR 1 and $425.00 for my SAR2) but keep in mind that NJ is a different animal from the rest of the USA.
Enjoy it.

BR
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:29:50 AM EDT
The sars are great deals but watch out ,they're addicting.
I bought the first 'piece of Commie crap'for the same reason as you. The second one was in .223 -it's not as good as the match barrel ar,but closer than I thought.The third was built just for fun and the fourth built to see a pretty- fine finish and laminated stocks.
My children shoot them too- there are very effective brakes available.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:11:50 AM EDT
Uhh.. I don't think Romania is "Commie Country" anymore. Those guys were part of the Coalition of the Willing during Operation Iraqi Freedom. And by the way, I paid $320 for my SAR-1. I freakin love it! Those guys with the "black rifles" who haven't given our Romies a second look would be quite surprised at how well these neat carbines are.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:15:23 PM EDT
The price sounds pretty good to me. That's around what I paid for my SAR-1.

You couls always get an SKS for a trunk gun, I saw some at a show today for around $120. I wouldn't worry about chunking an SKS in the trunk and it used the same ammo as the SAR, assuming that you bought the SAR-1. Makes those $80 cases of Wolf look REALLY good....
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:00:19 PM EDT
You can't bump fire an SKS...headbang.gif
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:10:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HKronik:
You can't bump fire an SKS...

Why the hell not?!?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:06:05 PM EDT
Yes you can. I have a yugo and can bump fire it easily.
Top Top