Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/17/2003 8:30:20 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a really stupid question.  I have been pouring over photos of Aks and have been trying to find out where the lug goes.  If the ban sets, I might  want to eventually add one to my SAR.  I can't for the life of me see one in the photos.  Is it the second nub holding the cleaning rod? Or is it attached to the FSB?  I have seen pictures of AKs with bayonets attached like an SKS and others with the lug attached to the FSB?  Where is the Romainain's?  thanks, and sorry for the stupid question.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The lugs are ground off of the SAR's...right where the cleaning rod goes. rocko.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If this country is once again endangered by the threat of drive-by bayonettings, you will be able to weld a piece of bar stock to the bottom of the gas block.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If this country is once again endangered by the threat of drive-by bayonettings, you will be able to weld a piece of bar stock to the bottom of the gas block.

Thanks.  That is what I thought but couldn't see it for sure in the pictures.  Too bad it is not as easy as just replacing the Front sight block.  I guess for some that might be even easier.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top