Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 7:14:02 PM EDT
I've recently traded into a what I believe is called a "Romy G" It looks to have the finish deliberately scuffed up to give it a patina. It is well done, and has the look of a battle field pick up.

What I can't figure is, there's no stamping on the receiver as to who made it. The only markings on it, is on the bottom of the receiver next to the handguard that's been electro pencil engraved to match the serial number on the trunion.

I believe the barrel is original to the rifle. The markings on it under the handguard on top are, 60  2 with two strange marks before and after the numbers. Further up the barrel there's a small circle with the letter 4 or six in it best I can tell.
There is a circle with the letter P stamped on the trunion at the barrel pin.
The trunion on the left side above the receiver has a triangle (with no arrow) 1982 S-AM19**
The left side of the gas block has a "G" engraved.

I believe it to be a kit gun b/c I don't think any AK's have been brought in and sold without import marks.
What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No telling who assembled it if there are no markings on the receiver.

Back in the day, anyone and everyone was assembling kits.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The receiver was very likely made from a flat.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top