Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 7:56:15 PM EDT
Hands down, what is the best muzzlebrake for a Romanian AK47? cost not being a factor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a suppressor would be the tool you need.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If your trying to tame the muzzle rise of your AK I would choose a LANTAC Drakon (check your threading style). My buddy has one and I have shot it. Muzzle rise is diminished. The only problem is it creates a big time shock wave to those shooting beside you. It pisses off people at the range. I have an AR with the LANTAC Dragon on it and when I shot it my buddy stepped back. He was like Holy $h!t I felt that in my chest.  

Cheapest option is the TAPCO slot muzzle break . Its currently discontinued because it is being redesigned by TAPCO. You can still find them online for under $20. Even that thing sends out a shockwave.

So either way if your set on a muzzle break be prepared for what they are and do. They redirect the blast to the sides. People next to you won't like it yet if you shoot in the woods, no big deal and you will get better groupings when you rapid fire.

hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
AK Builders Roid Remover!
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I run a Tapco slotted, it's cheap, it's light and it's small. Works well and seems to direct more gas upwards than to the side, so manages muzzle rise better than recoil.

I ran this on my Draco pistol (12" barrel) which makes cantelope sized fireballs with certain ammo. With the Tapco I could see all the blast being vented straight up in a 60 deg arc, no visible blast to the sides. So I'd consider this more of a comp and less of a brake.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My WASR came with the standard slant brake.  On an impulse, I bought a Tapco AK74 style brake.  I liked the look, and was curious as to how it would affect felt recoil.  I can report that it provides a noticeable improvement in recoil reduction.  Not much, but noticeable.  I have read a report that the Tapco slotted is slightly better than the Tapco AK 74 style.  Good luck.

Cheers,

Jack
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top