Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/23/2016 10:50:32 AM EDT
Hi, I'm looking for anyone who owns or has owned a Century Arms RH10 that can offer any information on their personal experience with it.  I know they are often being compared to the WASR, M+M M10, and maybe even some others but I am hoping to hear from people that have actually had a RH10 in their hands since it is slightly different in some other subtle ways besides the obvious Magpul furniture, front sight base/gas block combination, windage adjustable rear sight, and birdcage flash suppressor.  I have watched all the videos and read everything I could find out there so any additional information would be useful.
Thank you in advance, T.G.E.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi, I'm looking for anyone who owns or has owned a Century Arms RH10 that can offer any information on their personal experience with it.  I know they are often being compared to the WASR, M+M M10, and maybe even some others but I am hoping to hear from people that have actually had a RH10 in their hands since it is slightly different in some other subtle ways besides the obvious Magpul furniture, front sight base/gas block combination, windage adjustable rear sight, and birdcage flash suppressor.  I have watched all the videos and read everything I could find out there so any additional information would be useful.
Thank you in advance, T.G.E.
View Quote

I just purchased one this week. Wife let me as birthday gift. Lol anyways I'll let you know how it is. I too watched and read reviews online about how it's pretty good for the price and for what you're getting. My only issue right now is finding an optics side mount that will lower most optics being attached on the picatinny rail because the side mount that comes from the factory riveted on actually sits about 1/4" than most AK side mounts. This will cause most mounts to place your optics higher than it should be and might make the shooter have an awkward cheek/chin rest and sight picture. I'll be getting my rifle by the end of the week. I won't be shooting it anytime soon but will try and post feedback of initial impressions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pair of them that I bought for the wife. FSGB, rpk rear sight and oddball rail, otherwise straight up WASR. I swapped out the rear sights for Krebs since I didn't like the adjustable ones. Zhukov stocks are weak and swapped out too. RS Regulate makes a mount specifically for the M10/RH10. Great cowitness with aimpoint micro.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyones RH10's or M&M's triggers reset? I wasn't sure if my RH10 is suppose to do a trigger reset since it comes with Centurys RAK-1 trigger. I mean it still goes forward after pulling the trigger but there is no click like you would hear on other AK's or AR styled rifles. Just curious if this was normal on a RH10.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a RH10, WASR, and Arsenal.  I really like the RH10.  Mine is a good shooter, well built, and no obvious flaws. I got it new a few months ago at Gunbroker for much less than the prices posted in most places. While I really like it, I don't think it's worth what some folks want for it.  Mine is a good shooter, well built, and no obvious flaws.  I'm a Romanian fan as their AKs are freaking tanks.  Not especially pretty, but tough as hell.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a RH10, WASR, and Arsenal.  I really like the RH10.  Mine is a good shooter, well built, and no obvious flaws. I got it new a few months ago at Gunbroker for much less than the prices posted in most places. While I really like it, I don't think it's worth what some folks want for it.  Mine is a good shooter, well built, and no obvious flaws.  I'm a Romanian fan as their AKs are freaking tanks.  Not especially pretty, but tough as hell.
View Quote
Atlantic Firearms was the only place I saw for $699 last month when I bought mine. You are right that it's built well but for other private sells it's not worth that many are asking for. Might sights were straight out of the box. My only main issues were one of the screws in the back where the Magpul stock secures to loosened up and fell off while I was shooting at the range. Found out that someone from Century Arms didn't install the screw and nut correctly so I have to rethread them. My other issue is the side rail for optics. For some damn reason these are riveted and machined high on the receiver making 90% of the optics mounts to sit about 1/4" - 1/2" higher than they should be. Right now I have mounted a clone Midwest Industries Gen 1 side mount that sights about a half inch above the dust cover when it's suppose to be right on top of it instead. Other than those issues, it shot fine right out of the box and had no issues with the first 500 rounds of firing it in a single session at the range.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Atlantic Firearms was the only place I saw for $699 last month when I bought mine. You are right that it's built well but for other private sells it's not worth that many are asking for. Might sights were straight out of the box. My only main issues were one of the screws in the back where the Magpul stock secures to loosened up and fell off while I was shooting at the range. Found out that someone from Century Arms didn't install the screw and nut correctly so I have to rethread them. My other issue is the side rail for optics. For some damn reason these are riveted and machined high on the receiver making 90% of the optics mounts to sit about 1/4" - 1/2" higher than they should be. Right now I have mounted a clone Midwest Industries Gen 1 side mount that sights about a half inch above the dust cover when it's suppose to be right on top of it instead. Other than those issues, it shot fine right out of the box and had no issues with the first 500 rounds of firing it in a single session at the range.
View Quote
I am looking for a good mount for my RH-10.
Did a regular mount which sitting 1/2" higher cause any issue on your RH-10?
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am looking for a good mount for my RH-10.
Did a regular mount which sitting 1/2" higher cause any issue on your RH-10?
View Quote
No not really. The Midwest gen 1 clone mount I had worked okay and could barely cowitness the iron sights. It was center over bore but close enough. All the other ones sit too high except the RS regulate mount made specifically for these Romanian rifles due to the high side mount. Right now in using the NCstar low profile railed cust cover. Works good for the money and have had no issues shooting with it. You can't use your rear iron sights with it though because itll hit the front of the rail and now allow you to adjust below 400 meters.

I'm going to sand off part of the rail so I could at least adjust to 300 meters.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top