Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2016 3:41:25 PM EDT
So I got a new RS Regulate mount with an AKOG adapter for my Wasr-10 I can't seem to get the mount to slide completely onto the optics mount on the rifle. I bought the rear biased one from the AK47/74 OU guys. I loosened the screw on the Regulate completely and it wouldn't quite line up, it looks like the adjustable tab lines up with the gap in between either rail of the optics mount. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or if the WASR mount is out of spec or what. For reference the Regulate is the 302M model. Would appreciate any help.

For reference WASR model just says WASR-10 not 10/63 or anything.

Serial number ends in 04  Idk if that signifies production date.

To be more specific the mount slides on the rail all the way just short of about a 1/4 inch or so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of rail would help. Does the rail have any obvious boogers on the top or bottom of the dovetail?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay got some pics hopefully they aren't too crappy. I did spend $200 on this camera.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Flip open the lever before trying to slide it on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flip open the lever before trying to slide it on.
View Quote

Lol, Idk why I threw the lever closed after sliding it on as far as it can go.
Even with the lever open it won't slide past that

ETA: as a matter of fact even if I remove the screw and locking bar and throw lever it will not slide on further.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you see exactly where it's hanging up?

You may also want to post it the "AK discussions" section, there is more traffic there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you see exactly where it's hanging up?

You may also want to post it the "AK discussions" section, there is more traffic there.
View Quote

No . I don't know much about AKs. I have owned one previously but never bought a scope for it and had ended up getting rid of it for an AR.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried tapping it on with a rubber mallet?  Sometimes paint/finish build up makes the first install tough.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#9]
You have an extra tit on the right side of the rail where it comes to a point. Compare yours to this one.

Not my pic

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You have an extra tit on the right side of the rail where it comes to a point. Compare yours to this one.

Not my pic

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/AK/AK_ScopeRailB.jpg
View Quote

You're referring to what appears to be extra material that under and left and below of the far right rivet?

ETA: could it be that this isn't an AK rail but an SVD type or something else?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're referring to what appears to be extra material that under and left and below of the far right rivet?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my pic

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/bhinton/AK/AK_ScopeRailB.jpg

It's definitely not an SVD rail.

ETA: It looks like the mount is making it past that point anyway.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems like it snags on the leftmost part of the right rail piece. Hmmm I really don't feel like having to dremel sand anything down. Maybe I should just get rid of this and buy and Ultimak and PA MDADS.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I had to use a hammer to seat mine fully forward. It was super tight, but after the finish wore of the rail from forcing it on, it comes on and off as advertised. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I had the same question about mine. Basically you gotta tighten that screw on the bottom like 6 turns. Mine had a lot of play until I tightened it, then it slid on, and when you close the latch, its LOCK TIGHT.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it snagging on your pins (trigger/hammer)?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top