Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:50:43 AM EDT
I have a milled MAK 90 on the way and was hoping to have a couple of questions answered(I searched the forum with no luck). I owned a stamped version a few years ago during the ban years, but let it go due to the crummy thumbhole stock. I like the Ace folders, but do they have a receiver block that fits this particular receiver? I also heard that one can alter the 5 round mags that come with these into 10 rounders if you cut down the tabs on the follower. Has anyone done this successfully, and how much length on the tabs do you remove?

Thanks, and it's kind of cool being here on the dark side. I just had to have a 7.62 shooter to keep my G3's company.Rich
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:23:39 AM EDT
Email them and find out if the make a adapter for milled MAK-90 rifles.
www.aceltdusa.com/index2.htm

There were two types of Chinese 5 rd mags imported. One was a short 5rd mag and the other was a longer 10rd mag with a long follower that limited the mag so it would only hold 5rds. If you have the longer 5rd mag you can cut the bottom of the follower off. The short 5rd mag and 30rd mags have the same follower. So all you do is lay the short follower on top of the long one and mark it. Then just use a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel. Trying to cut off a shorter 5rd mags follower will result in the follower twisting inside the mag and hanging up if you get it too short.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:33:01 PM EDT
Thanks JA545,

I don't know which 5 round mag is included with my gun, but I'll check it out when it arrives and take your advice.

I'd have called Ace yesterday, but it was Sunday. Just thought I'd try to get a quickie answer on this site. I'll post when I get an answer from them.

I really appreciate your help!

Best,
Rich
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top