Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:55:38 PM EDT
does anyone know if you can put a double hook trigger group in a mak? It has a single hook in there now but I heard that the double is better. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:53:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fredfurquidit:
does anyone know if you can put a double hook trigger group in a mak? It has a single hook in there now but I heard that the double is better. Any thoughts?

Yes you can put a double hook trigger in a MAK. Most of them came that way. Where did you get your weapon from and are you sure it has a single hook trigger in it now? I like double hook triggers but I also think it’s more a matter of personal preference.

Sign_Wolfman
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:33:56 PM EDT
I was always under the impression that all the chi-com weapons were double hook setups. And if you'll notice that everyone raves about the chinese trigger action.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:47:01 AM EDT
The number of hooks really makes no difference as it is the amount of polishing of the hammer/trigger/sear engaugement surfaces that the Chinese did that gives them a better trigger pull. Yes all Chinese rifles did come with double hook triggers. The Chinese using the double hook triggers is a result of the falling out they had with the Soviet Union. The Soviets never gave the updates to the AK-47 rifles they made when they came out with the AKM to the Chinese. One of the updates was the single hook trigger.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:33:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JA545:
The Chinese using the double hook triggers is a result of the falling out they had with the Soviet Union. The Soviets never gave the updates to the AK-47 rifles they made when they came out with the AKM to the Chinese. One of the updates was the single hook trigger.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. As we all know, the Chinese are quite capable of obtaining and copying small arms technologies.

The Chinese made their own improvements to the design when they switched to the stamped-receiver and seperate trunnions. They kept the double-hook for the same reason that they went with a thicker, non-AKM pattern stamped receiver...the Chinese generals liked them better that way.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
Anybody know if a single hook will bump better than a double?
I've got to get a G2 for my RPK project.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:15:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SelectFire:
Anybody know if a single hook will bump better than a double?
I've got to get a G2 for my RPK project.

no difference, bumping lies in the hands of the shooter
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:48:32 PM EDT
I remember certain single hook triggers that would sting the piss out of my finger when firing the gun. I just can't remember if it was on a buddy's MAADI or my uncle's Bulgarian SLR-95, but I do remember the trigger being a little uncomfortable.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top