Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:34:32 AM EDT
Hello everyone.

I have 2 norinco's and unfortunately both are missing the barrel threads and bayo lugs (WAY TO GO LIBS). I believe I can thread the barrels for a brake or flash suppressor. What are the options for a 14x1 left hand thread? Just the slant? Would there be more and better options for a different thread? The die is a bit expensive for the 14x1.

Also I would like to restore the bayo lug. Is there a way a garage tinkerer could do it. I can not weld though. Can the sight base be replaced?

Last  I would like my cleaning rod mount(?) restored. If a new sight base with bayo mount could be put on that would take care of the front, but how could I get the middle mount that the rod goes thru fixed, it was completely machined off by norinco.

By the way I can understand the bayo lug being cut off because of the law, but why the cleaning rod mounts?! I never understood that, others makes have their cleaning rods.

I just want to get my ak "look" back from the anti-gunners.

Any help would be appreciated1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Your in the back of a very very long line of people who want Chinese gas blocks with bayonet lugs and Chinese front sight posts with the cleanig rod holder and Chinese handguard retainers with the hole and Chinese wood furniture with the pistol grip. I believe that as far as AK imports go, more MAK 90 rifles are in the US than any other AK varient. Once the libs told people they were no longer going to be able to have these types of guns people went nuts and average Joes that didn't know squat about guns found themselves buying "assault rifles". If you want them I know of 1 place you can get their only set for $250. Wow that's expensive eh? Yeah well supply vs demand pal. Then you'd need a smith to do it and would need to reblue to look finished. Well total theres the price of a used preban Chinese AK, imagine that. Otherwise your only choice is to put other foreign parts on it. If you want the look to be authentic this won't do. If you just want the part to be there then some other countries parts will fit. I'm not sure which ones though. Probably could be found for $50 or so. I too have been looking for a long time man.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Whynot pick up a Polytech barrel assembly from Polytechparts.com and strip the barrel for the handguard retainer, gas block with rod loop, front sight base assy. with cleaning rod retainer, and swap the parts out? It will use a generation 1 bayo. They also have the wood except the pistol grips.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
well they do have the proper front site post and handguard retainer but no bayonet lug, old style bayo on a mak 90 is not my first choice but to each his own.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]
you can also use typ-3 milled ak-47 gas and site blocks they are the same demtions as the mak 90's  russian hun baulgarian erlie type
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#5]
also you can use yougo takes alittle bit of work but it works  alrready done two mak 90's that way
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys.

How hard is it to replace those items? I have a 12 ton press, would that be useful?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to www.global trades.com. a Bulgarian FSB will work as for the gas block try this, find a .22 cal spent casing at your local range, trim it at the base to fit the groove where the gas block was, cover the groove and shape .22 casing to your gun with JB Weld, slide your rod in. Cant say it would hold when the bbl gets hot, but its a cheap fix to hold rod on.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top