Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2009 3:33:15 AM EDT
Hey all

I just picked up a used NHM-90 this past friday.  What would be the approximate value of it?  Also what sort of configuration were these sold in?  I'm asking so I can figure out if my rifles 922r compliant.
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
400-450 tops
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
400-450 tops?  Do you have some sort reasoning to go with that appraisal? Also no disrespect intended have you looked at the prices AK's go for recently?  You have to work Hard to get a Romanian WASR for $450 including FFL fees nowadays, and they are considered bottom of the barrel.  Yugo AK's go for 600-700 dollars nowadays and the Norincos were usually considered better rifles.  You can't even get anymore New Norinco's nowadays, there just isn't any more stock to be had and no more parts kits.  The only way to get one is if a collecter sells one or some pawnshop has one stashed in a back room someplace.  I know the NHM-90/91 series were considered to be cut above the MAK-90's, but not equal to some of the older prebans.    I have an approximate idea of the value in my head I was just trying to get it dialed in a little better.  I was thinking more along the lines of 600-900 depending on condition of the rifle itself and it's attributes(i.e. bayonet lug intact,flash hider threads welded,AK configuration versus thumbhole stock).
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
NHM90/91 are seen going for $600-$650, more during the obama scare.

Link Posted: 8/25/2009 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
400-450 tops?  Do you have some sort reasoning to go with that appraisal? Also no disrespect intended have you looked at the prices AK's go for recently?  You have to work Hard to get a Romanian WASR for $450 including FFL fees nowadays, and they are considered bottom of the barrel.  Yugo AK's go for 600-700 dollars nowadays and the Norincos were usually considered better rifles.  You can't even get anymore New Norinco's nowadays, there just isn't any more stock to be had and no more parts kits.  The only way to get one is if a collecter sells one or some pawnshop has one stashed in a back room someplace.  I know the NHM-90/91 series were considered to be cut above the MAK-90's, but not equal to some of the older prebans.    I have an approximate idea of the value in my head I was just trying to get it dialed in a little better.  I was thinking more along the lines of 600-900 depending on condition of the rifle itself and it's attributes(i.e. bayonet lug intact,flash hider threads welded,AK configuration versus thumbhole stock).

Yes I have reasoning.

Check the EE, AKs aren't selling for $600 anymore, nor are yugo's going for $600-700.

It Isn't November 4th 2008 anymore, if you were hoping to get TOP DOLLAR POST OBAMA, you are about 6 months late. That crazy is long gone and prices are cheaper NOW then they were before ammo with the exception of ammo and reloading supplies. Guns are through the floor.

Nor is it hard to acquire Norinco AK rifles, hell they imported thousands upon thousands of mak90s, they are not in short supply.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
even before the obama elections maks were going for a min of $450 for a fairly used one.

very rarely have I seen one for $400 and if I saw them at those prices I would buy them by the crates at that price.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you watch gunbroker, the long barreled AK, specificaly NHM91's are not selling. MAK90 do sell.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
With all due respect you seem to recognize that the price for Yugo's & Wasr's have come down since the election . The Chinese guns have also fallen down in price the same amount too. When new Wasr's were $325, I was buying nice used MAK's for the same $. A new milled MAK cost me $440 2 years ago. That's $100 more than a Wasr then. All the posties are falling in price. Don't use Gunbroker as a guide. Use these forums as your guide & see how the election era priced guns aren't being purchased. This week people are not paying $600 for mint post ban Hungarian SA 85M's. Just last week I saw Yugo underfolders sit unsold at $575. The fact you are forgetting is lots of people are now broke, unemployed, 3 months behind in their mortgage, & maxed out on their plastic. This is driving the prices even lower. Add to this the Prez is so tied up with health care, he is leaving the guns alone. Prices will go even lower. It's a buyer's market now. By the way, how much did you pay for the gun?  Either you paid $700 for the gun, & don't want to hear people telling you it's worth $450, or you paid $450 for the gun & are telling yourself you got a smokin deal.  LOL.   GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With all due respect you seem to recognize that the price for Yugo's & Wasr's have come down since the election . The Chinese guns have also fallen down in price the same amount too. When new Wasr's were $325, I was buying nice used MAK's for the same $. A new milled MAK cost me $440 2 years ago. That's $100 more than a Wasr then. All the posties are falling in price. Don't use Gunbroker as a guide. Use these forums as your guide & see how the election era priced guns aren't being purchased. This week people are not paying $600 for mint post ban Hungarian SA 85M's. Just last week I saw Yugo underfolders sit unsold at $575. The fact you are forgetting is lots of people are now broke, unemployed, 3 months behind in their mortgage, & maxed out on their plastic. This is driving the prices even lower. Add to this the Prez is so tied up with health care, he is leaving the guns alone. Prices will go even lower. It's a buyer's market now. By the way, how much did you pay for the gun?  Either you paid $700 for the gun, & don't want to hear people telling you it's worth $450, or you paid $450 for the gun & are telling yourself you got a smokin deal.  LOL.   GARY  N4KVE

x2, right on the money, listen to this guy. I picked up 3 milled mak90s in 2007 for $400 each, and that would be 13 years after the import stopped "ZZZZZZOMG YOU CANNOT GET NORINCO RIFLES ANYMORE" bulllllllllllllshiiiiiiiit.

People are fuckin' broke, they got no money to be buying guns with. ANd the one's who did buy guns at stupid prices, have had their CC statement's come due and cannot pay them. LOTS OF PEOPLE SELLING GUNS currently, nobody buying...
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you watch gunbroker, the long barreled AK, specificaly NHM91's are not selling. MAK90 do sell.

They never did really, mak90s is what everyone wants if they want a cheap "normal" AK.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 8:00:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They never did really, mak90s is what everyone wants if they want a cheap "normal" AK.

Right. NHM91s aren't for everybody. I bought a nhm 91 about a year ago after shopping around for one for at least as long. Some of the nhm 91s on gunbroker are pretty undesirable if that is specifically what you're looking for and have been listed overpriced for quite a while. (mismatched furniture, tapco stuff, beat up, overpriced)
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top