Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:53:20 AM EDT
The ones that were supposed to be EX-POLICE rifles.

Anyone building one ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Built one on an ITM receiver. I sanded the wood down to remove any dings and scratches and applied 7 coats of BLO. I sandblasted all the rest of the parts except the bolt and the selector. I refinished all the metal with Molycoat flat black. It was to keep my SA85 company  in the gun safe. Nice build, looks great to me. Sorry, no pics.

Quoted:
The ones that were supposed to be EX-POLICE rifles.

Anyone building one ?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought a kit about 6 weeks back - nice parts.

Can anyone tell me about them - where they fit into the Hungarian weapons system.  They seem to be different from the others they made. .....forends , etc.

Any one know about them ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#4]

This is a SA-85 kit that came from Centerfire.  Supposedly used police rifles.  I just left the finish as is.  Gives it some character.  Put together with a Eubanks Gen 2 receiver.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]
That is really nice !  I hope to have mine that good someday.   Lots of character and a little different with the wooden pistol grip and leather sling.    Nice !!  Thanks for sharing the Pic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www2.propichosting.com/Images/450010300/1.jpg

This is a SA-85 kit that came from Centerfire.  Supposedly used police rifles.  I just left the finish as is.  Gives it some character.  Put together with a Eubanks Gen 2 receiver.  

That is nice kyabrams66!

I plan on having my kit(I bought it last Fall from CFS/HAND-PICK)  built as an U/F.
Mite as well..

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My SA85 kit will be built on a Global 1.6mm receiver.

Since I'm in CA its gonna be a gimp, but its still better than nothing.

Should have pics up in around 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello Lighting_P38,
I just bounced over from the other side (AR-15) because I am also a long time owner of an AKM. All of my semi-autos, AR & AK, are California legal.

There has been much misunderstanding about California "assault weapons" law. This is understandable due to the huge mess the antis have made of the regulations. If anyone would like to spend time in this web site they can catch up on the latest:

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

In a nutshell, the law identifing "assault weapons" was challenged some time ago and it became apparent that off-list lowers were legal to buy & possess. However, they could not be configured as an "assault weapon". I am sure readers know all the evil features so there is no need to repeat them. After the lowers are listed by the California Legislature as "assault weapons" then they can be registered and built up with all the evil features, including AK's.

It gets more complicated than this and the folks running the above web site are reminding anybody that buys an off-list lower to not put any evil features on it until it is listed by the .gov. Otherwise you are committing a felony.

That huge sucking sound from the west is all the newbies buying up stripped lowers.

There is much more going on with lawyers, CA DOJ agents, FFL's, etc.... It is enough to make your head spin. But at least readers should have some idea what is happening in the PRK.

This whole thing was started by a couple of regular posters on Calguns.net.

Good Luck & Good Shooting

seahorse
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#11]
The memo sent out by CA DOJ is just that, a memo. It is not the law. CA DOJ does not make laws, they are supposed to enforce them. That memo did intimidate a few that didn't know better. But it doesn't mean much to people that know what is going on.

Although I don't have a horse in this race (mine were registered a long time ago), I have been following this saga for the past few months.  There is poster here that also posts on the Calguns forum. His username is bwiese. He has been heavily involved in this and has been trying to answer all the misinformation with facts. If you go to page 2 and scrool down to his post on 2/1/2006 you will find his answer to dealers who think they cannot ship stripped lowers to Calif.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=212690&page=2

Here is a thread that should explain alot to those wondering what is going on in the PRK:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266355

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top