Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:01:47 PM EDT
Hand select Hungarian SA85 Kit from Centerfire Systems on a Global reciever,I wanted to retain the original finish so I did a quick bake job to the reciever.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn nice! Which baking lacquer did you use? I bought a SA85M new in '94, and recently put on a pistol grip and buttstock, along with a slant brake. If FEG would make an RPK-based Drag, think of the quality and how it would shoot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks 1saxman,I was just experimenting with the paint to match the original finish and baked on a thin coat of high temp BBQ grill paint and it turned out a little too flat.So I used a semi gloss over the top of that while the reciever was still hot.I let it cure for a couple months before the build and its turned out to be pretty tough.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Johno,

Is that the standard leather Hungarian sling?  If it is, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Just noticed the pattern on the rug...I like it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just noticed the pattern on the rug...I like it.

My gosh!  I hadn't noticed that.  Way cool.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Shane,yes this is the original leather sling,I have a new one but I really like the look and feel of the old worn sling!

The Rug is an Afghan War Rug,you can see more on this thread- ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=81306  There are also some good links.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]
That did turn out real nice! It makes me want to get mine built! Arrrgh! Nice rug by the way! I want one of those too!!!!!!! Are they around or extremely rare??
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top