Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/17/2003 8:58:15 AM EDT
I just picked up an AK that is Hungarian. It is marked "FEG" on it and says "SA2000M" as well as "K.B.I. Inc Harrisburg, PA". It is black with the synthetic furniture. Will this gun take the "hi-cap" magazines? It came with 2 10-round magazines. Thanks for the response!
Tommy
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Are the ten rounders that it came with single or double stacks? That will be the easiest way to tell. That may not be the most technical way to tell, but if the mags that came with it are double stacked then it should take standard AK mags, if you have a couple of Ak mags laying around, or maybe know somebody who has some all you have to do is attempt to put one in, if it fits then you are in business, if the mag well is to narrow then some quality time with a dremel tool has been known to solve the low cap issue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
They're single stacks. Might have to look into the dremel thing once I pick up a hi-cap magazine to check for fit. Thanks for the response.
Tommy
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that there are instructions for the Dremel operation posted on this forum but it may take some searching to find, It is not very difficult to do as long as you measure your cuts carefully, remember that it is easier to remove metal than put it back on, don't be discouraged it is possible for you to do on your own, and the advantages are obvious, just compare prices of spare ten round mags to preban thirty rounders.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't you have to change out factory parts with some US parts in order to make converting it to hicap legal?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top