Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:28 PM EDT
Hello.  Today my SA85 fell out of a partially open soft case.  Damage occurred to the thumb hole stock.  Specifically, the plastic butt plate broke into several pieces.  Now is the time for me to upgrade to a more robust steel butt plate.  Is a replacement, steel butt plate offered by any vendor?  Or, will any one work (with perhaps some fitting)?  Your suggestions please.

Moral of the story,  Always zip up the case to secure the rifle!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
ghurka,
Sorry to hear about your stock.  My guess is that it will be somewhat difficult to find a replacement buttplate.  IIRC it was substantially larger than the std so modifying one to fit would be tough unless you got one from another t-hole stock that was close.  If you keep your eyes on the EE you might be able to find an entire replacement stock.  Also it would be downright negligent of me not to point out that this would serve as a perfect excuse to convert your SA85M over to pistol grip config by adding sufficient US parts.  Hope all this helps.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a complete stock set from an SA 85M including thumbhole stock.  Lemme know if your interested.....

SRM
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top