Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2002 8:55:19 PM EDT
I was reading another thread and it seems that I am in a minute minority when it comes to the Thumbhole stock on my rifle. I own and have fired a chinese rifle with a thumbhole and I understand why somebody could hate it, but I really like the thumbhole on my Hungarian. I would like to find out what other SA85M owners think of the thumbhole that came on thier rifle (if yours came with a T-hole).
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:45:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2002 4:46:19 AM EDT by Ross]
One of mine came with the original T-hole. It's a VERY comfortable stock for a T-hole actually. WAY better than the Maddi, and better than the Chinese. I think I like the Daewoo DR-200 better (well it's sort of an AK) because of balance. The bigger block of wood just throws the balance off slightly more on the SA85.

I currently have a K-var sythetic on one and an East German on the other. I actually like the East German stock for comfort (though it's not much to look at) and find the K-var too long. I've grown to like the shorter original commie length stock. I'm fixing to replace it with either a Bulgy or some wood of some kind. Possibly some original blonde Hungarian stuff if I can find it, or the Bulgy blone stuff isn't bad either.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:54:43 AM EDT
For a thumbhole stock, the SA85M is pretty good. I not very fond of any of the others.

I have been playing with the idea of converting it to a pistol grip, but I want to find a nice stock that matches the old one. I just have come accross anything I like.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:00:08 PM EDT
Global Trades used to have blond Hungarian wood for the SA85. It is beautiful and it goes on a SA85 with minimum fitting since it was made for it.

I don't know if they still have any but if they do you shouldn't pass it up. You will have to include the proper number of USA parts.

Mike
Top Top