Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/30/2016 12:54:32 AM EDT
I've got a Hungarian AK that doesn't have the sling loop on the lower handguard retainer. I'm not sure how the sling is supposed to be attached. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Think that this might work, tied to the barrel, gas tube, or gas block?

Universal Wire Loop (UWL) from Blue Force Gear
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I run a 550 cord loop through the slots on the handguard. works well enough.
btw, if you want a qd or hk hook attach point, you can use the slots to attach moe parts using shorter screws. kinda like a rail system.
you could attach any kind of sling setup like that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the 550 cord idea.

Do you have a picture of the HK hook setup you mentioned? I'm  having a hard time picturing it.

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Im running a single point on this amd, but using the method in the pic, you can attach whatever you like including sling attach points. The slots can work with the moe and mlok parts, with slight modification (just a little filing).

Glamour shot of the ugly thing. My camera is a potato, and i apologize for the shit quality.

For 550, you would just loop it through the slots however. You could also use a heavy duty key ring, or d-ring through the slots and then hook the sling to that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you post a picture? I don't know how it doesn't have the sling loop on the retainer. Without that loop it's going to be hard to rig a front sling point on a traditional AK. If you have rails its no problem. Of course you can't just swap out the retainer without major surgery either. The first thing that came to mind was welding on a steel wire loop in place of the one that was filed off which would be the expedient answer and a pretty good solution that most people wouldn't notice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
It's like these...

I'm running it with the BFG Wire Loop

Kinda in this fashion...

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top