Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/11/2015 5:44:58 PM EDT
So classicfirearms is selling AMD's right now and I am thinking of buying This One.

I own a yugo m70ab2, but am not an expert on the AK platform.

My confusion concerns the front sight post/muzzle break as it seems there are different barrel configurations.
I was hoping to eventually SBR this gun, or maybe AOW it both with as short of barrel as possible (12.5''?)

after watching some youtube videos it seems that some front sight posts include the treaded end of the muzzle while others are just simply the front sight post. any information on how the rifle in question is configured?

I have no real tools at my disposal to do the conversion and would probably end up cutting on the barrel with a hack saw and a file/sand paper. How bad of an idea is this :D ? I dont mind if it means I cant use a suppressor.

Also, I am moving in the next 4 months and was wondering if that would affect me filing a form 1 (if i dont live in the same city I filed for the form 1 when I re-stamp the receiver)
First post on here so bear with me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
To SBR that one you'll need to pin the fsb in the new location after cutting the barrel. Not going to do that without the right tools.

If you really want one to SBR, get an older TGI build with the original barrel and the extension welded on. Mine was held on by just a small bead of weld. 2 minutes with a Dremel after your stamp comes in and you're good.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you for the productive information

also, a very nice looking rifle!
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top