Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:45:27 PM EDT
Went to a gunshow this past weekend and met a gun dealer who I had done business with. His specialty is AR15s. Went to his business today and he had 1 AR in stock with some Rock Rivers on backorder. I was almost duped into the AR craze again but regained my senses and quickly departed. Common Sense being the good friend steered me back to my regular gunshop hangout and promptly order an Arsenal SAM 5S. I am very happy with the decision and await my prize. The End!!
Misc
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I ask what you got it for?? I'm in the market
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The gunshop owner gave me a pricebreak so it going to be $661 more or less out the door. I'm giving to 2 guns in the trade and will pay the difference.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that you have ordered the SA-M5 you are now going to need to buy some magizines to match this rifle.  In the past the double circle magizines from Bulgaria have been fairly elusive and increasing in price from every shipment i have seen since early last year.

I only know one retail company that handles these accessories in any grate volume and Kvar is that company. Curently they have the "clear" magizines ready for shipment which are clear black grey color which really look awesome.  28.00 each is the the only real bite in the deal but a reality if you need fire power for this unique ak system.  I am glad i bought twently black and ten clear units when they were under 18.00 bucks.  Since Arsenal ended production of the 5 series these guns will most likely retain solid values for the years ahead.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
You have done well -- about what I paid last year.  Definitely go for double circles when you cn find them.  Also, grab those clear mags from K-VAR ASAP.  I missed out on the stellar K-101 back when and at long last have what I always wanted -- and milled, to boot. I'm sure you'll cherish that fine rifle for many years to come.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to seeing these SA M5's show up

as for the mags...........KVar has been a good source and I also saw the clear mag offer but want sure if it was gimmicky or worthwhile (KVar link but I don't see the clear mag offer. It was offered in an email promotion where I saw it.

for the
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
The 5 series clear smoky tint magizines are really nice and add a differnet up scale look to the sam-5.  I had a chance to buy green mags but idecided the black ones would be better suited for overal use and look better with green or black furniture.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I give K-Var a call Monday to find out about the mag situation. Hopefully there be some good news otherwise I'll give the 5 round mag HELL!Misc
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
You will love it.  It is my favorite AK (amongst several) and hands down faovorite over several AR-types.  Clear mags are stunning.  My example is exceptionally accurate and utterly reliable.  Hand loads, cryo, trigger job and SEI Vortex have all contributed to do their part.  The DDR ZF 4-25 is not ideal (calibrated for M74 ball), but a great bit of nostalgia from my time in Berlin during the collapse.  Anyway, a terrific rifle in every way.  Great fun at the local Rod & Bottle Club.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, forgot to add for SAM-5S above: 1.2-1.3 MOA at 100M.  Granted, that's most uusual, but the mods above all helped.  I also use Lapua brass and Vit proprellants for optimal accuracy.  Projos are Barnes.  will have o see how this best performs at ranges further out.  Will report back -- Weather sucks locally.    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
CRAP!! Lew Horton sent 2 SAM 5SG instead of the 2 SAM 5S. The green just doesn't do it so another week's wait for the SAM 5S.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The two sam5 rifles i picked up three months ago have the green furniture. I first i was a little shy of the deal but after looking at the green with a black or clear magizine the rifle looks damm sharp. I have several sam 7 rifles with the black stocks, the addition of green furniture adds some varity to the collection. The only thing i might do is replace the nato buttstock and go with the shorter warsaw design as it looks more original like the sam7 carbine.    
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
CRAP!! Lew Horton sent 2 SAM 5SG instead of the 2 SAM 5S. The green just doesn't do it so another week's wait for the SAM 5S.
Misc

Where in TX are you located?
IM me the dealer info.

I might be interested in one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#15]
IM sent. IM back if you want the additional info!
Misc
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IM sent. IM back if you want the additional info!
Misc

Sent you a pm as well RE your dealer.. Hope you don't mind..

John P..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#17]
IM sent. Hey Fellas just thought I'd clarify something. The SAM5 which has the 14mm threaded muzzlebrake but no siderail is available from Lew Horton and RSR  Group. The SAM5S which I settled for has the siderail but has a muzzlebrake that's not threaded. The rifle that I believe people would like to have is the SAM5R with siderail,bayonet lug and threaded muzzlebrake is not available unless you look hi and low on the auction sites or call dealers that advertise on some of the gun sites then you may have a chance.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#18]
The reality is that the AK can be every bit as accurate as the AR as long as the headspace is within spec. I love these idiot strictly AR owners who think just because the specs are loose on the carrier it does not affect the bolt itself, when it's locked into battery, it is locked. Honestly I have yet to really top my 5.56 AK accuracy with any of my AR's. Learn how to use the irons, really learn the irons. The old AK's are crap, can't hit the side of a barn is really just the last remnents of the AR crowd deperately trying to keep the old adage going. Hell I prefer my AK's to my AR's anymore with so many problems I have had with AR's in general.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I am trying to get a SAM-5 from Lew Hortons...

fingers crossed...

AC

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am trying to get a SAM-5 from Lew Hortons...

fingers crossed...

AC

images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/282/125204.jpg

Seven Fingers  

I heard Lew Hortons only has the ban models, I hope thats what your looking for.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top