Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:53:32 AM EDT
Finally got to shoot my SAM-5s yesterday and I love it, its so accurate with very little recoil. I fired about 100rnds of Poly Wolf 55gr FMJ and I noticed several nicks on the top cover. I'm not really worried since I didnt buy it to be a safe queen. I just wanna know if this is normal with 5.56mm AK's.

I will try to post a pic if I can find the wire for the camera

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#1]
This is normal for my SA-M5 rifle. The brass kisses ad charcter to your gun. Enjoy it and forget about the marks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine did from the factory, but after getting an AK-74 FSB and brake installed it doesn't anymore.  I don't know why.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm.....interesting.  Mine doesn't do that at all.  I wonder if the new SEI Vortex is having any positive influence in that department. Otherwise, it certainly has made the weapon slightly more accurate with hand loads. Will have to try it with just a muzzle nut and the OEM brake.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
mine does the same thing, little nick marks above the ejection port on the top cover.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the same problem with my sam7 and vector
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top