Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2005 10:25:59 PM EDT
I have a SLR 95MB. I want to change over to a regular stock set. How many parts does the 95MB have?

What would be the easiest parts to change to keep the rifle legal?

Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tacked thread above you man...........href=www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=76&t=54853

Sorry I have been out of town. I read the thread but there are two view points not sure who to believe. Is there a website with more detailed info on the parts count?

Thx for the help.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The counted foreign parts that your SLR95MB has are in bold.  Non-bold are parts that your rifle does not have:
(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

That's a total of 15 parts.  If the receiver was stamped, you'd also have to include (4) because the trunion would be a seperate part from the receiver.  As it is, the barrel mounts directly to the SLR95MB's machined receiver.  Have confidence my friend.  15 is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Bret thank you that really clears it up. If I replace the trigger, disconnector, hammer, rear stock, pistol grip and upper and lower handguard would that be enough parts to keep my factory muzzle brake? I really like the job it does and want to keep it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bret thank you that really clears it up. If I replace the trigger, disconnector, hammer, rear stock, pistol grip and upper and lower handguard would that be enough parts to keep my factory muzzle brake? I really like the job it does and want to keep it.

You only need five US parts for milled receivers...above you are planning to have six ....drop one if you want
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You only need five US parts for milled receivers...above you are planning to have six ....drop one if you want

Exactly!  On my SLR95MB, I replaced all of the parts that you are planning to except the front handguards.  The US pistol grip and buttstock that k-var and others sell matches those Bulgarian front handguards perfectly.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top