Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2003 11:45:43 AM EDT
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is RPK style Buttstock available for Arsenal SAM7 (Bulgrian styled, Milled receiver)? Also does anyone know where I can find a Galil style thumb safety converson kit for the Arsenal SAM7?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:48:36 PM EDT
K-Var has the thumb safety conversion kits for milled receiver AK's. The RPK stock is a full inch SHORTER than the original length AK stock, so you might want to reconsider putting it on a standard rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:40:38 PM EDT
Thanks Templar!
I found it on their website, "AK-335 RL Bulgarian Left and right side selector lever for milled receiver." I never noticed it before because I was seaching for "ambidextrous" and not coming up with anything.

I 've tinkered with a Galil, with something similar. It was easy to switch off but pretty stout getting back on "Safe". I guess switching the safety off in a hurry is probably more important than getting back in "Safe" quickly, not a big deal with a bit of practice.

My next question in regard to this. Has anyone installed this on thier Arsenal SAM-7? and If so how do you like it? Easy modifcation?

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
I have not heard of anyone putting the new safety on, but I'm pretty sure it would require a decent gunsmith to cut the receiver and then to refinish if so desired.

You'd probably have to relieve the grip a little too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:39:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:
I have not heard of anyone putting the new safety on, but I'm pretty sure it would require a decent gunsmith to cut the receiver and then to refinish if so desired.

You'd probably have to relieve the grip a little too.

Randy at Independence Arms told me that the ambi-safety could be fitted onto a stamped receiver, but I did not ask about a milled one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
Doesn't look like the safety will clear a side scope rail.
Top Top