Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/6/2017 6:47:41 PM EDT
I have a SAM7 Classic w word stock and have a interest in one of the current SAM7 railed versions with the 90degree gas block.

With that, it looks like the current SAM7R uses a lighter AKM style barrel and has a bayonet lug where the AKM does....so does it still use AK handguards/stocks or has it been mutated to accept AKM stuff?  Does the receiver have a upper and lower tang that attaches to the stock like my Classic does or did they change that?

TIA
RS
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the milled Bulgarian AK rifles use an AK-47 receiver with two butt stock tangs, and milled stock sets. Some variants use an AK-74 pattern "lightweight" barrel (chambered in 7.62x39), 90 degree gas block, and 24mm threaded front sight base. Other variants of the milled Bulgarians use an AK-74 gas block, an AK-47 front sight base, and have 14mm LH barrel threads. The Bulgarians manufacture such rifles as selective-fire variants too, so they aren't just "U.S. Market" abominations.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. So the one I am looking at will have the 14/1L muzzle threads like the classic but with a lighter barrel.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem. The Bulgarian milled AK rifles are among the best to ever be available in the U.S.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I would NOT get rid of ANY Classic to get any other AK Arsenal makes. The Classic is a TRUE Type 3 milled gun, while all the others are milled receivers with AKM parts, & 90 degree gas blocks. That's just me, but in MY opinion, the Classic was the BEST AK Arsenal EVER made.  GARY
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top