Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:10:39 PM EDT
Where do you get them? Do galil extractors work? Kvar doesnt have extractors in stock so where would one get them? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use standard AK-74 extractors. Some people have luck using them as is, others say they need a little material removed from the lip and isn't difficult.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can use standard AK-74 extractors. Some people have luck using them as is, others say they need a little material removed from the lip and isn't difficult.
View Quote

awesome thanks for the information. Do you know anything about firing pins? Are 74's a direct replacement as well? Thanks i appreciate the response
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

awesome thanks for the information. Do you know anything about firing pins? Are 74's a direct replacement as well? Thanks i appreciate the response
View Quote
A lot of guys have used straight up Bulgarian AK-74 parts kit with a 5.56 barrel have had no issues. So it should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The SLR-106 uses the earlier AKM type extractor, so the 74 extractor will not work.

The SLR-106 uses a spring loaded firing pin so if you swap it out, you will lose the spring loaded function. It has a flange (similar to Saiga .223 and others) at the rear of the pin that presses against a spring, which is contained within a short enlarged channel milled out within the bolt tail.

There are some people who swear up and down that .223/5.56 is not safe in an AK without a spring loaded pin, but afaik most military issued 5.56 AKs do not have them. The theory is that unlike other floating pin designs (e.g. the AR) the AK has enough mass behind the bolt as it slams home that, when combined with softer primer commercial ammo, it could potentially slamfire from a light primer indent from the free floating pin.

As noted above, I have an AK-74 part kit built on a 5.56 barrel, and I just use the standard bolt/pin. No issues with slam firing whatsoever regardless of ammo. Some extractor tuning was needed but this should not apply to your SLR-106.

Arsenal does sell the pin fairly cheap (this one via Midway)
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/160102/arsenal-inc-firing-pin-ak-74-sar-3-slr-106-223-remington
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The SLR-106 uses the earlier AKM type extractor, so the 74 extractor will not work.
View Quote
I've had an SLR-106 for years and never even noticed this, haha. I had to pull it out to double check.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top