Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/20/2016 3:12:23 PM EDT
I bought a Krebs AK a number of years ago.  I was enamored with the rails quite frankly at the time.  I mounted an Aimpoint on it for awhile -- later took it off to put on an AR.

Here's my nonscientific question:  My Krebs shoots OK -- probably about the same accuracy as my Arsenal SLR-95.  But dang it, my SLR 95 just feels like a solid weapon (tank) in a good way.  My Krebs has always had a bit of a rattle and for some reason it doesn't do it for me.

Doe this make any sense? Any thoughts on Krebs in general?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Arsenal SLR 95 is a milled gun. It's going to be heavier and more "solid" feeling than a stamped gun.

I have an Arsenal SLR101 and an Arsenal 107FR. The 101 is milled and the 107 is stamped. Both made by Arsenal and the 101 feels more substantial and solid than the 107FR.

By all accounts I've read, Krebs makes good guns. I've never held one, much less fired one, but if you want, I'll help you dispose of your rattly old Krebs trash can gun....
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a KV-13.  Couldn't believe it but it was picky with ammo.  Ran perfectly with golden tiger but sucked horribly (like every other fucking round would malfunction) with Red Army Standard ammo.  

That was the straw that broke the camels back and I finally said Fuck it and started selling off most of my AKs.  Have a few left that I cant sell in CA but will be selling as soon as I become a resident of Utah (the last of my  7.62's since I hate the caliber), and a Saiga 5.45 that I plan to keep.  Id like to get the Saiga a brother, either the new VEPRs in 5.45 or the new cheap Arsenal.  Im not a purist so I dont care that the VEPR doesn't have the cleaning rod and is just a little too thick for standard furniture so ultimately itll come down to price for me.  If the Arsenal drives down the price of the VEPR at least $50, Ill go that way.  If it doesn't then Ill get the new Arsenal.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had over the yrs multiple milled and stamped AK's.  All the milled guns felt more solid. Some of the stamped ones actually felt cheap.  As I said thats how they felt.  I like them all but they do feel different as far as what type is better...who knows.

If you don't like your rifle sell it and get something else.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top