Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 6:33:37 PM EDT by trk2ajk]
PICKED UP A Nib ARmORY USA 1.6MM STAMPED RECEIVER ak this weekend. went to range today and put about 250 rounds through it.

1.) i was shooting a mix of wolf hollowpoint and russian battlepack hp. seems like every 4-5th round, the mouth of the hp would hang on the edge of the chamber mouth. i did not have any non hollowpoint to see if switching ammo solved the problem.

2.) also, occasionally, the bolt will halt/stop in the action action, acting as a bolt hold open, but will fall to the closed position with a little pressure. this is when hand cycling the bolt,, i don't think it happened while firing.

3.) if you pull the bolt back when the safety is on, the sfety lever is knocked up above bolt cover.,, is this normal? (just stop pulling the bolt back while the safety is on!)?

should i chalk this up to new gun needs to be broken in, or does this rifle need to go back to mfg?

does the barrel need to be throated? thanks, noobie ak owner here.

edited to try to make sense
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:28:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 4:29:56 AM EDT by msh]
You do need to try the FMJ to narrow the problem.
The bolt carrier can tend to hang on the top of the hammer during hand cycling, this is common and not a problem. If you pull it all the way back and let go it should slam shut and lock
When the safety is fully in SAFE position it should prevent the bolt from opening fully.
The safety lever thing alone would make me contact the builder.
Good luck and post how it turns out for you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:50:30 AM EDT
my AK will NOT eat wolf hollow points either .....anything else ,no prob......as fa5r as the bolt bein a little tight,good!!you got a good one
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:18:14 AM EDT
Sounds like there are some issues, all right. I 2nd calling the manufacturer and asking after the safety.

Something's way out of spec there, and apparently other parts are ill-fitted as well.

GL!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:04:38 PM EDT
My WASR10 will also not reliably eat Wolf HP. Mostly the last one in a magazine will get stuck just at the step before the "feed ramp". i suppose it could be easily fixed with some gunsmithing but I don't care, it works magnificently with everything else.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:58:56 PM EDT
well, i finally got some fmj and gun is 100% after 375 rounds.
after comparing the top cover to my vector, i bent the leading edge of the top cover , right by the ejection pert and now the sectoer stays where it is supposed to.
i did talk to the builder (j.streetman@armory usa) and he was very helpful. offered to take the rifle back, but i was leary of sending it in and haveing it lost or stolen in transit.
overall, i am very happy with this weapon now that these issues have been satisfied. thanks for replies.
Top Top