Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/4/2005 1:26:53 PM EDT
I have a romanian parts kit put into a armoury usa 1.6mm reciever and im having some trouble with the bolt sticking. I have the G2 fire control group in there too. The bolt seems to hang first when i pull it all the way back to the buffer it will just stay. With slight pressure it will go forward a little more to almost inline with the reciever support pin just over the mag release. A little pressure again and it will fall home and close. I havent taken it to the range yet but would like to try to fix it if there is a problem before i go there because the range is 45 min away. I would be really annoyed if i drove all the way there just for it to jam. If i just pull it back and release it like it were firing it will not hang because i guess there is enough force to push it past. It just hangs when i pull it slow. So basically is this a problem or not and what can i try to do to fix it if it is. Thanks, Major
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:16:48 PM EDT
it should be fine. its probably hanging in the place upper rail is slotted for removing carrier.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2005 5:02:07 PM EDT by ozzy_the_nuke]
That is common. It will probably wear in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:59:16 AM EDT
You mentioned a buffer. Aftermarket recoil buffer? Removing that would be a good first step if the rifle doesn't function flawless.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:22:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:42:15 PM EDT
I too have a 1.6 armory USA receiver. I used it on my Bulgy AK74 build. when I first got it I pulled it out of the box and tried to fit the bolt carrier into it. it was tight,rear to front. then I read the paper work they sent with the receiver on how to dremel the underside of the top lip of the receiver, to remove a little material as to match a 1mm reciever thickness that the bolt was meant to ride through. after completion It was still a little tight,locking up on the hammer alittle(as dicussed above) but after 100 rnds. she works like my other AK's hope this helps. by the way, the 1.6 is a nice receiver but FYI if I had to do again I would just go with the 1mm. I had to machine the front trunnion,rear trunnion, and stock to fit the thicker receiver.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:42:50 AM EDT
Excellent advice on the LIGHT trimming the undersides of the rail with a dremel!

Helped me out!

Top Top