[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That trunnion looks pretty beat up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That trunnion is trashed. The bolt looks like someone ground on it, possibly to get it to properly turn in the trunnion instead of removing the bullet guide and modifying that part instead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
It is the responsibility of whoever made a gun out of the kit to make sure it will be a safe gun before delivering it to the consumer. You sold parts. They had to get a receiver and barrel and manufacture a gun. Anyone doing so will be gauging it, testing and observing function before delivering it if they have any sense. I don't see how you could possibly have any responsibility in their blowing up the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1saxman:
It is the responsibility of whoever made a gun out of the kit to make sure it will be a safe gun before delivering it to the consumer. You sold parts. They had to get a receiver and barrel and manufacture a gun. Anyone doing so will be gauging it, testing and observing function before delivering it if they have any sense. I don't see how you could possibly have any responsibility in their blowing up the rifle.
View Quote
I believe that the buyer bought it as a kit and noticed the damage prior to actually building anything.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tenewel:

This.  And since I have zero knowledge base for building an AK platform that's why I'm asking.  I've only owned factory manufacture AKs.  I'm not the buyer nor seller.  I'm the EE trying to gain knowledge before having to tell one party bad news.
View Quote
If that damage was not advertised prior to the sale I'd say that the seller should take it back. If the seller is simply ignorant as to what to look for, they should chaulk it up as a learning experience as to what to look for in the future. As is, that front trunnion is not useable, and the bolt likely isn't either.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tenewel:
The seller claims to have about 30 builds under his belt over the last 10-12 years.
View Quote
Then there's no excuse, IMHO. He should have noticed that type of damage unless he simply never looked at the kit after buying it originally.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
'I believe that the buyer bought it as a kit and noticed the damage prior to actually building anything.'

If that's the case, the buyer received junk.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Seller owes a refund unless he clearly documented that the parts came from a catastrophically damaged rifle. That's not a kit...it's damaged parts that are unsafe.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
the majority of that kit is junk if it needs a new trunnion, bolt, and maybe new barrel... refund of money by seller to buyer (And return of junk parts on the buyers end) is probably the best way to handle this.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top