Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 9:27:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eric1911]
I just bought a PSAK-47 GB2 from Palmetto last week. I just received it, cleaned it and checked to see how the mags fit. The Magpul G2 Pmag came with it fit perfectly. I tried my other Pmags and they fit with no problem. I then inserted one of my Croatian bolt hold opens with the maple leaf stamp that I bought from SG Ammo and they wouldn't stay seated in the magwell. I tried this with 6 other Croatian's and they wouldn't stay seated as well. I was able to seat all 7 mags in my CII AMD 65. It was a little difficult to insert them but they did stay seated. Research shows the PSAK did have an early problem with mags staying seated but that was supposed to be corrected. I couldn't find very much written on the Croatian maple leaf mags to come to any conclusion as to whether there are reported problems about them

I've attached some photos of the mag catch lever. Please let me know if you think it appears to be installed correctly. I'm guessing not since it catches the locks in the Pmags. Also, please let me know if you think the problem will be worked out the more I insert mags. Or, do you think it might be the Croatian mags.

I've sent this problem into PSA and haven't heard back yet.

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Your mag catch may be a little short but its hard to tell from here. Can you lay the rifle down and try to lock the mag in and tell us exactly what's happening?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The Croatians are notorious for not fitting in many rifles, very hit and miss. Get yourself some Romanian, Polish, or Hungarian steel mags and you will see the difference.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, Croatian *Fig* leaf mags are really bad in tolerances.  I bought 24, and they're all over the place - some fit and some don't.  I wouldn't fault my rifle if they were the only ones that didn't fit right or stay seated.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevJames] [#4]
File on the top of the locking lug on the mag. It's probably tight and not seating all the way in.

These mags are notoriously tight in a lot of rifles. Don't alter the mag catch to fit one specicif (kinda junky anyway) mag.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: America-first] [#5]
Attachment Attached File

The flat piece of metal to which the rear locking lug is welded is too damn thick for many rifles.

No fit:

Attachment Attached File

Filing a bit off the curved portion, and if necessary the top of the rear locking lug,  will make up for it and allow the magazine to fit.

How much material needs to be removed depends on the individual magazine and rifle.

Fits:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top