Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/23/2017 2:31:55 PM EDT
Ran it at a 3 gun in 10 degree weather and in ran great.  Many ARs were having problems, but not me.  Took it to the range yesterday and got 2 jams out of a 30 round magazine.  Had this happen an average of twice per mag.

A little more information:  The gun shipped with 2 used magazines which were the ones I ran at the 3 gun.  I think they are bulgarian but I'll have to go back and take another look.  they are smooth sided poly mag with metal feed lips

I ordered two bulgarian mags which look similar but do not have the metal lips.  They say made in bulgaria and seem to be of pretty good quality.  I also have a couple of tapcos.  with the new bulgys and the tapcos I had several jams yesterday.  I did not have the originals with me to see how they did.

2 things I have noticed:  There is a dent in the top of the round where it looks like the bolt is striking it as it passes over it.  the other thing that seems to be occurring is the extracted round winds up shoved over to the left in the receiver, and blocks the bolt from coming forward.  So, I guess it would be a failure to extract?  I'll have to try the original mags again and see if the problem disappears or persists.  Not real knowledgeable about this particular weapon yet

I'm using white lithium grease on the rails
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top