Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coax]
Pap m92 SBR bolt locking open during firing its not catching on the mag or the gas piston it doesn't happen every time just once every other mag. When it happen I am unable to push the charging handle forward I have to pull it reward than let it go.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like your bolt is hanging up on the ejector. What's supposed to happen is the bolt is cammed by the bolt carrier and rotates to unlock so it can be carried to the rear. It rotates until the slot in the bolt lines up with the ejector so the bolt can travel all the way back and the ejector can knock the case out of the extractor's claw and out the ejection port. Now the carrier begins to move forward and the bolt again clears the ejector. It looked in the pic like the bolt was not rotated properly and hitting the ejector on the way forward. I might be all wet but that's what it looks like to me. Are you by any chance using a shock buffer on the recoil spring?
Take the action cover off, remove the recoil spring assembly and work the action with the charging handle to see what is or isn't happening. If all okay, put the spring back in and try it.
There's also a trait of the AK to hang up on the hammer on the way forward, but I've never seen one do it while firing. Spray some oil in there and see how that works if you find it's the hammer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
from what I can see I concur, but it's hard to tell from those pics. Might be good to get some pics with the cover off. Also agree 100% on recoil buffer if present. It may have a tendency to skip out of the rails and so they added one. Perhaps it needs to be trimmed down?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Your bolt is over-rotating and getting hung up on the ejection (as has been stated). The bolt should not be rotated that much in the rearward position as you show in your pictures.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The bolt is rotating too much during the reward travel than jamming on the ejector,I was able to simulate by prying up on the bolt with a screw driver tip on the rifle while holding back the carrier. I think I will try a stronger spring or recoil buffer to resolve this.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The AK buffer is a cheap fix but it keeps the bolt from going too far back and fixed the jam problem. They say the buffer is only good for 5000 rounds, I hope it doesn't break apart during firing one day.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top