Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/7/2016 2:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akconvert]
I have a gun with about 5K through it.  It has ran like a champ.  In the last 200 rounds or so it has started to FTE.  The case is getting stuck hard in the chamber.  I have had to mortar the gun to get it out.

Details on the gun:

5.45X39
Built by DC Industries
Triangle Sidefolder
I believe it was built with a Bulgarian parts kit
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the lacquer on the cases are sticking to the chamber. Are the cases being marked in any way (deep scratches, gouges, etc.)?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The ammo is wolf polymer ammo.

the cases don't seem to be marked.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother in laws 5.45 was so bad at one point we had to chuck a bore brush into a drill and runt with some oil.  Probably not the best thing for it, but, if all else fails...  We tried several other things first, but that was the one that got it.

Like was posted above, check the extractor and spring first.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lcpl1812:

My brother in laws 5.45 was so bad at one point we had to chuck a bore brush into a drill and runt with some oil.  Probably not the best thing for it, but, if all else fails...  We tried several other things first, but that was the one that got it.

Like was posted above, check the extractor and spring first.

View Quote
Had the same problem.  The method above solved the problem.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akconvert] [#6]
I have been traveling so it has been a while since I have had time to work on this.  

How do I check extractor tension?

If I am having to mortar the gun because the case is stuck so hard isn't that a non extractor related issue?  When I am mortaring the gun the extractor is continuing to hold onto the case and not slipping off.  It is almost like something happened to screw the chamber up so the round can't get pulled out.

I cleaned the chamber and will go try to shoot it again.  Anything else I should try or should be looking for?

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
also carefully check the chamber for any stuck case fragments. it's rare but has happened. even a tiny spec or shard of steel case stuck in the chamber can wedge things up good.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I cleaned the chamber out super well and it didn't fix the issue.  I replaced the extractor and extractor spring and just ran 100 problem free rounds through it.  I think that fixed the problem
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top