Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:29:53 PM EDT
I've never heard of anyone a common problem like this. But apparently, my cousin who owns a Romanian AKM. Baught some wolf 7.62x39mm, you know, one of the cheapest ammo. He took his rifle and the ammo to the range and was going to pop off some rounds. While he was paying the employee at the cashier desk, he asked my cousin what kind of rounds he would be firing. So, he told him he was going to shoot Wolf ammo. But the employee told him, that the store banned the use of Wolf ammo, because he employee said the rounds explodes sometimes when fired. I've never heard of anything like this. Could this employee be a complete moron? Or maybe he wants him to buy the ammo in the range's store maybe? I dunno. I think he is an idiot. what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've never heard of anyone a common problem like this. But apparently, my cousin who owns a Romanian AKM. Baught some wolf 7.62x39mm, you know, one of the cheapest ammo. He took his rifle and the ammo to the range and was going to pop off some rounds. While he was paying the employee at the cashier desk, he asked my cousin what kind of rounds he would be firing. So, he told him he was going to shoot Wolf ammo. But the employee told him, that the store banned the use of Wolf ammo, because he employee said the rounds explodes sometimes when fired. I've never heard of anything like this. Could this employee be a complete moron? Or maybe he wants him to buy the ammo in the range's store maybe? I dunno. I think he is an idiot. what are your thoughts?

Nail on the head...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
We have a back stop at work and I shot some Wolf Hp there
the other day, I must say it was rather spectacular, also blew
divits the size of  nickles in the back stop.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nail on the head...

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure he's pretty much an idiot--because most of them are-----but could he have been mistaking "exploding" ammo for ammo that doesn't pass the magnet test? Many ranges won't let ammo be used that doesn't----so what I mean is someone may have told him to "not allow" Wolf because of this, and he somehow got it in his head that it explodes (like an idiot)

anyways, just a thought
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesnt all ammo explode when fired That would have been my answer.....Hey tet did yo know your IMs are turned off? Where in GA are you?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a private range and one time while I was there an old crusty guy came up to me and just said something about how he would NEVER shoot Wolf ammo because 'I've seen several guns burst from that stuff....it'll blow your gun up'. What an idiot. I just said 'Oh yeah?!' and kept shooting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
hes an idiot. call him out on it next time.

ETA:
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]

a complete moron? Or maybe he wants him to buy the ammo in the range's store

Bingo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
He must have went to double action over in madison heights, they dont allow wolf, every week they give a different answer to why wolf cant be shot there, most of the people that work there are idiots, the owner son is the only straight shooter there, AL. I shoot there during winters and only shoot wolf out of my 9 and 45 handguns but i dont tell them and usually collect my brass...well steel that is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never had a problem or heard of one with Wolf's 7.62x39 ammo.
But a local gunshop owner here did use Wolf .308 at the local Marine Camp range in a rifle and it blew up the barrel.
Needless to say he was pissed off and luckily, uninjured.
The old Marine in charge of the range told me that he,  the gunshop owner, later spoke to Wolf about it and they paid him for his ruined gun.
That said, I've never shot Wolf .308. But I go through plenty of their 7.62x39, 9mm Mak and .45 acp ammo. I had one pistol that didn't care for the .45 ammo, but it is in the shop and was a problem gun even with better ammo. I've probably used over 3k rounds of Wolf with no real problems.

Some ranges here have banned any ammo with steel cases because they just want your used brass and are too lazy to sort it. Allows them to sell more ammo too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the indoor ranges that I shoot at will only let its patrons shoot brass cased ammo.  They banned steel case because they are too lazy to separate out the steel from the brass before sending it off to their reloaded.  As a result, I picked up some brass cased American Eagle just in case I decide I want to shoot one of the AKs or my SKS indoors on a rainy day

Now, I did make the mistake of shooting steel core ammo at an indoor range, and when one round ricocheted back, it stung like a mofo.  I am not going to make that mistake again

ETA:  I have shot literally thousands of rounds of steel cased ammo, Wolf, Monarch, and Norinco, and I have yet to have one round "explode" on me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top