Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 11:48:29 PM EDT
I have had this since 1994.  I got it when I was 16 and have put 4-5000 rounds through it.  It has been great and I know nothing about it.  Here is what I do know.  It is a Norinco and had a thumbhole stock on it when it was new.  I still have the stock but would like to put a pistol grip and normal AK furniture on it.  I have herd people talk about milled and non milled.  What is mine and what is better.  Where can I buy a nice grip and stock that will work?  I paid $300 for it.  What are they going for now?  I'm not selling it but would like to know.  What is the general consensus on Norinco?  The Lower says MAK-90 Sporter Cal 7.62X39mm. Numbers match and start in the 93772XX. It also says  C.A.I.ST.ALB.VT  I'm not sure what this means.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Norincos are nice Ak's. Its a stamped receiver. Milled are gonna be considered better but stamped Norinco receivers are probably some of the best. If you want to add a pistol grip you will need to add some US made parts to make it legal. Many add a new fire control group and stock set. Your gonna need 5 compliant parts. The FCG counts as 3 & the stock counts as three. As far as price I would value it at around $400 maybe a little more or maybe a little less depending on its condition.

www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Saint Albans Vermont, CAI was the importer. Check out this guys web-site everything you ever want to know about the MAK 90 or any other Chinese rifle is on it:

www.chicom47.com
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get stock kits from K-var, Tapco had them at one time and might still, dont forget the US MADE PARTS! that is a big deal, information abounds about it.

And take that gay thing off the stock, you seriously dont single load loose rounds...right?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top