Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/9/2006 11:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 11:49:24 PM EDT by BSheppard]
I have had this since 1994. I got it when I was 16 and have put 4-5000 rounds through it. It has been great and I know nothing about it. Here is what I do know. It is a Norinco and had a thumbhole stock on it when it was new. I still have the stock but would like to put a pistol grip and normal AK furniture on it. I have herd people talk about milled and non milled. What is mine and what is better. Where can I buy a nice grip and stock that will work? I paid $300 for it. What are they going for now? I'm not selling it but would like to know. What is the general consensus on Norinco? The Lower says MAK-90 Sporter Cal 7.62X39mm. Numbers match and start in the 93772XX. It also says C.A.I.ST.ALB.VT I'm not sure what this means. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 12:06:23 AM EDT by thedukeryan]
Norincos are nice Ak's. Its a stamped receiver. Milled are gonna be considered better but stamped Norinco receivers are probably some of the best. If you want to add a pistol grip you will need to add some US made parts to make it legal. Many add a new fire control group and stock set. Your gonna need 5 compliant parts. The FCG counts as 3 & the stock counts as three. As far as price I would value it at around $400 maybe a little more or maybe a little less depending on its condition.

www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 2:53:15 AM EDT
Saint Albans Vermont, CAI was the importer. Check out this guys web-site everything you ever want to know about the MAK 90 or any other Chinese rifle is on it:

www.chicom47.com
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:28:36 AM EDT
You can get stock kits from K-var, Tapco had them at one time and might still, dont forget the US MADE PARTS! that is a big deal, information abounds about it.

And take that gay thing off the stock, you seriously dont single load loose rounds...right?
Top Top