Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:23:06 AM EDT
I was wondering what kind of drilling would be needed to install a internal block on a AK-74. you cut the tang, where do you drill? how does the interal block work?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was wondering what kind of drilling would be needed to install a internal block on a AK-74. you cut the tang, where do you drill? how does the interal block work?

You don't need to drill.  The tapped hole is in the block.  The block is secured at two places, one place is in the block itself.  It has a threaded hole that is secured by the part of the tang that isn't cut off (forward stock hole).  The second place is by the pistol grip screw.  The block has a opening that allows you to place the pistol grip screw nut into it and then the grip screw (along with the grip) holds the block in place.

It's simple and easy to do.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
great info! thank you!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have some hands on experience with this new setup?  Good pics?  Is it flush against the receiver and look right?  Can you operate the rifle with the stock folded?  Do ACE Ltd stocksloack in the closed position?  

Tex78
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Hammer in PA:

Quoted:

You don't need to drill.  The tapped hole is in the block.  The block is secured at two places, one place is in the block itself.  It has a threaded hole that is secured by the part of the tang that isn't cut off (forward stock hole).  The second place is by the pistol grip screw.  The block has a opening that allows you to place the pistol grip screw nut into it and then the grip screw (along with the grip) holds the block in place.

It's simple and easy to do.

That would be pretty sturdy!

I've wondered how those worked, but never took the time to ask. Thanks for posting that.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anyone have some hands on experience with this new setup?  Good pics?  Is it flush against the receiver and look right?  Can you operate the rifle with the stock folded?  Do ACE Ltd stocksloack in the closed position?  

Tex78

I have one on my SAR3 and love it. No pics right now, sorry. Yes it fits flush, looks great. ACE folding mechanism doesn't "lock" per say, but is like a Galil where you have to push down (or up, depending on which way you want it to fold) before you can unfold it. It is very secure and I'd have no concerns about it closing up unless you want it to.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top