Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:51:03 AM EDT
Well? Arsenal or someone could produce 100 round drums and sell as many as they produced as long as the price was reasonable.

Couldn't a company take and remake a 100 round drum to hold lets say 250 rounds? I know it would be heavy as hell, but fun as hell for them bump firin' sessions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
There are a couple companies making mags the two that I can think of are national mags & promags. National makes a 50 rounder that is a complete pos promag makes 30 round bulgarian copies that I have heard mixed reviews about. People dont really need US made mags when you can get surplus ones for $5 as far as drums its still easy to fin 75 round romanian ones for $80 which is a lot cheaper than a US made copy would sell for.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:02:04 AM EDT
Besides that...nobody here in the US seems to be able to make a decent hicap mag for a combloc rifle...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:02 AM EDT
probably because every other 8 years they will become illegal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
"How come no US company is manufacturing large capacity AK magazines?"

ProMag is... and the best answer to the question lies in the resulting product.... I wouldn't take one for free. Saddly, these are not serious "your life depends on it" products - they tend to turn out as toys, cheaply made, designed for low cost/maximum profit.

Yes, I know.... I'm about to get baked :)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:39:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cms81586:
Besides that...nobody here in the US seems to be able to make a decent hicap mag for a combloc rifle...

Yes, exactly.
I'd like to know how come a 3 year old girl in China can build AK mags that run 100%, yet our high payed union workers can't????????????
We were first to put a man on the moon, build the H bom, ect.......
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:03:55 PM EDT
Better question...

Why doesn't someone make a US SKS 10 round fixed magazine copy of the original?

They'd sell like hotcakes. There's the easy US parts right there.
Top Top