Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:12:56 PM EDT
I already have a Romanian and an excellent condition Polish UF from DPH arms.  I have ordered three GT 1mm receivers so I'm looking to add another kit to the mix.  

I'm debating whether to get another Polish UF or waiting for something else to show up but with the barrel ban in place I'm not sure what else we can expect in the foreseeable future.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can afford it, I would go with an RPK type.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you can afford it, I would go with an RPK type.

Always a nice addition to the collection.  If a premium Yugo AK could be guaranteed, That would be my suggestion.  A full blown RPK would be next.  The Rommy RPK kits still have a problem with matching #s.  Yugo RPKs are still hit or miss for barrel condition is my understanding.  Like Stottman stated, something with a RPK trunnion.  My .02
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a couple Romy Gs and Polish UFs too.  How about an M92 Krink or an M95 .223.  ORF has them new/unissued.  That way you get your Yugo and a perfect bore
My CC is still smokin' from my last order.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Tantal 5.45
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
RPK.  Quite cool.  I did a Yugo RPK as my last ever AK building project (the capper).  It's awesome.  You just want to get down behind it and go to town.  The barrel is shot out and I get about 8 inch groups at 50 yards, but it's fun and it's never jammed once.  The stock has some neat carvings and one name that looks just like my last name for a few letters, but tails off until you can't read it.  I thought that was pretty cool.  It just looks cool, too.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top