Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:44:05 PM EDT
Trying to see the differences in sidefolders? If there is any? I know that there are slight differences between russian and bulgy, but I am questioning the difference between a bulgy krink and a bulgy 74.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 6:50:18 PM EDT by cruzie27]
they are the same,....i can put the folder that is on my AKS-74 on to my AKS-74U and vice versa,..the but stock is a little diffrent,..one has the rolled edges and one does not,. but they both work on the other rifle.

i wish the AK-100 series stock could be swithced around like that,...i think the AkS-74M stock is the only one that would not fit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:28:14 AM EDT
they are the same

the russian stocks have a larger pin other than that they are all samesame
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:18:38 AM EDT
In the bulgy sidefolders there are 2 basic versions.

(1) Russian style - rolled edges
(2) Bulgy Style - no rolled edges

all bulgy folders are interchangeable
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:57:42 AM EDT
Well, the answer might confuse you more, but yes.

All Soviet/Warsaw Pact era folders used the same trunnion and 4.5mm pin. The only differences were factory differences.

Tula (Soviet AKS74U factory) made folders with rolled edges, etc. Izhmash (Soviet AKS74 and early AKS74U factory) made folders with straight edges.

Both factories supplied the Bulgarians, and they used both types on their AKS74s and AKS74Us. Not sure which they copied for their own.

The modern Russian (Post Soviet) Izhmash AK74M/AK100 series stock uses a 5.5mm pin. They make the solid folder and (often overlooked) traditional triangle folder. Both these types interchange.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:49 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies. I knew that there was a difference between the rolled edges and non rolled edges. I was trying to figure out if the Russians or Bulgarians made any of the traditional triangle sidefolders that would not interchange with each other. I know that the difference between the rolled and non rolled has been posted before with pics and all, but I cannot find them while searching. If anyone could post the thread or show a pic of the difference, I would appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:17:14 AM EDT
1+

I would like to see pics also.
Top Top