Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:05:57 AM EDT
Guys -- for some reason Steve Sawyer at Tom Sawyer Mfg. seems to think there isn't enough demand to start with getting the correct style Russian RPK selector markings done (btw -- many of the Bulgarian rifles have the same selector markings because they are Russian guns) -- we need to let him know that he's wrong.  If  you have one of those kits and receivers that you've dumped a good chunk of change to, and want to finish the project of correctly, shoot him an e-mail and let him know that you want the correct engraving and how many you'll be getting done!  The pic below is the sample from a Bulgarian RPK74 kit and I believe that font will work for both the RPK (which seems to use the same font, but smaller) and the RPK74.  I'm just spreading the word -- if this of interest to you then please do the same.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]
See if Diamond Dave will do them...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
who is diamond Dave?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
who is diamond Dave?

He's at Elite Firearms in Texas.  Another member here was very unhappy with his engraving work.  Let's leave it at that, no need to reopen that wound.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in!  

Diamond Dave engraves with a sharpened rock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
First if it is an Bulgarian RPK then it is marked AB,  OA because it is Russian pattern. However if it is an Bulgarian AK74 it is marked AB EA.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=64490

Scroll down to the Bulgarian Series for correct markings. AB OA is Russian pattern Bulgarian guns only.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for correct Russian markings, I want to have the trunnion Molot shield marked as well, I wonder if he can do that too. McM
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
See if Diamond Dave will do them...

Man....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First if it is an Bulgarian RPK then it is marked AB,  OA because it is Russian pattern. However if it is an Bulgarian AK74 it is marked AB EA.

Well, these markings aren't for a 74, they are for an RPK/RPK74, and yes, I already stated that these markings were only correct on a Bulgarian RPK/RPK74if it was one of the one that came in through Russia.  Am I missing your point?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top