Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:18:55 PM EDT
Anyone own one of these or shot one, or the Red Jacket Ak pistols? Any pro's or cons for what they are; not what they are not. Thanks also do the Ar pistols the Bushmaster ones work and function well since they have no forward assist. What about accuracy for all the above. Thanks for any info on any of these potential toys.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of Red jacket's AKA red stick AKA atlantic firearms AK pistols... it's based on an AMD 105 kit, 10 1/4 inch barrel and Krink 4 piece flash suppressor. I have about 500 rds down it with no problems so far, fit and finish(gunkote) are good and I'd buy another.

An AR of any make pistol or rifle does NOT need a foward assist to function... If you need to tap the FA you have a problem... be it buffer spring, buffer, bolt/carrier, mag, ammo and so on. the few times I've hit the FA because the bolt did not fully close on a new mag or mag change it got me into more trouble than it helped... bad round was just set deeper into the chamber and harder to get out... when it did the trick I looked into the root cause of the problem... more often than not the buffer spring.

these pistols are as accurate as the shooter for the most part... if properly built using good parts you should see accuracy equal to a rifle... the AR pistol suffers more than the AK pistol balisticly due to barrel lenght but this has little to do with accuracy and more with range and knock down power. If you can do your part keeping it steady, controling the trigger and aim as well with the shorter sight radiius as you can with the rifle lenght you should see basicly no difference in accuracy.

you hit the nail on the head by saying "toy" IMHO... these thing are just plain fun to shoot...for serious work stick with a rifle.  

John
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...do the Ar pistols the Bushmaster ones work and function well since they have no forward assist. What about accuracy for all the above. Thanks for any info on any of these potential toys.

I own a Bushmaster Type 97S. I added a AimSHOT LS8200 12mw green laser so I could shoot from the hip .

No problem so far except I find that I can't seem to keep ammo in stock!!  

Yeah, best toy in the box!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top