Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 3:13:17 PM EDT by Thoughtcrime]
See below for update.

TC

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having got my first AK, i am already "jonesing" for my second one.

A local pawn shop has a Maadi in stock that appears to be in decent shape.

It is a MISR-10 that has standard furniture except the buttstock has a rubber buttpad.

I "think" the barrel has a cutoff flash hider, but not positive....

The receiver looked bright compared to the rest of the rifle. I have read that this is pretty common for them.

I didn't ask to strip it down, but might on my next visit.

It is marked $389, but they "will make me a deal".....

Having read that som Maadis can be rough, what in particular should I look for in regards to quality or junk?

Also, if possible, what would you guys recommend for a target out the door price?

Thanks!
TC

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:32:30 PM EDT
Single stack or double stack? Maadis come in both flavors, especially the MISR-10. Here's what I would say, but I am not an expert:
Double stack, good internals, not too much use/abuse, but without muzzle threads, I would say no more than $325-350 OTD at a Max, because you'll be spending about $100 or so on compliance parts (give or take depending on what you use). If it's a single stack, forget it, not more than $225-250, and that had better be in pristine shape. Hope this helps. Pretty much every Maadi I've seen has a cheap finish on it, but is still a nice shooter. I own a converted Single Stack MISR-10, as well as a RML (Long barrel). Both have been great to me/for me, so I can't complain.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:44:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dar48:
Single stack or double stack?

I would assume double stack since the shop has it on the wall with a 30 round mag hanging out of it.

TC
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:33 PM EDT
Anyone else?

Thanks!
TC
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:34:55 PM EDT
I would pick it up. Maadis will never be coming back into the country.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:42:35 PM EDT
I can't tell you what the going rates are or what is fair. My experience with the Maadi MISR-10 started two week ago when I put one in layaway.

I paid $200 for a single stack version, then dremeled it out to accept double stack AK mags, and added the needed US compliance parts.

At the gun show this weekend I saw two of them - one beat up for $375 (beat up) and another new in box (single stack) for $399 + tax.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
I went back to the shop and did a little closer inspection of the AK.

I was wrong about the model.

It is a MISR-SA They offered it to me for $325 tax included and I almost purchased it....... BUT

When I was inspecting it, I noticed that the carrier wouldn't close without a little tap on the charging handle. This would only happen when I pulled it all the way back. It happened both with and without a mag inserted.

It didn't require a lot of force, just a nudge, but since I didn't know what it would involve to fix it, I passed.

They put it in the back for me until tomorrow.

I have read about the possibility of burrs or a "squished" receiver that can cause this.

I will check for burrs when I return, but wanted to know if there are any other things I should look at on the rifle to determine if its a go or no-go?

Thanks!
TC
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:30:30 PM EDT
Theres nothing wrong with it I would pick it up. My WASR-10 did that but I shot it more and it stopped.
Top Top