BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:25:48 PM EDT
See below for update.

TC

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having got my first AK, i am already "jonesing" for my second one.

A local pawn shop has a Maadi in stock that appears to be in decent shape.

It is a MISR-10 that has standard furniture except the buttstock has a rubber buttpad.

I "think" the barrel has a cutoff flash hider, but not positive....

The receiver looked bright compared to the rest of the rifle.  I have read that this is pretty common for them.

I didn't ask to strip it down, but might on my next visit.

It is marked $389, but they "will make me a deal".....

Having read that som Maadis can be rough, what in particular should I look for in regards to quality or junk?

Also, if possible, what would you guys recommend for a target out the door price?

Thanks!
TC

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Single stack or double stack? Maadis come in both flavors, especially the MISR-10. Here's what I would say, but I am not an expert:
Double stack, good internals, not too much use/abuse, but without muzzle threads, I would say no more than $325-350 OTD at a Max, because you'll be spending about $100 or so on compliance parts (give or take depending on what you use). If it's a single stack, forget it, not more than $225-250, and that had better be in pristine shape. Hope this helps. Pretty much every Maadi I've seen has a cheap finish on it, but is still a nice shooter. I own a converted Single Stack MISR-10, as well as a RML (Long barrel). Both have been great to me/for me, so I can't complain.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Single stack or double stack?

I would assume double stack since the shop has it on the wall with a 30 round mag hanging out of it.

TC
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else?

Thanks!
TC
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I would pick it up. Maadis will never be coming back into the country.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't tell you what the going rates are or what is fair.  My experience with the Maadi MISR-10 started two week ago when I put one in layaway.

I paid $200 for a single stack version, then dremeled it out to accept double stack AK mags, and added the needed US compliance parts.

At the gun show this weekend I saw two of them - one beat up for $375 (beat up) and another new in box (single stack) for $399 + tax.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I went back to the shop and did a little closer inspection of the AK.

I was wrong about the model.

It is a MISR-SA     They offered it to me for $325 tax included and I almost purchased it.......  BUT

When I was inspecting it, I noticed that the carrier wouldn't close without a little tap on the charging handle.  This would only happen when I pulled it all the way back.  It happened both with and without a mag inserted.

It didn't require a lot of force, just a nudge, but since I didn't know what it would involve to fix it, I passed.

They put it in the back for me until tomorrow.

I have read about the possibility of burrs or a "squished" receiver that can cause this.

I will check for burrs when I return, but wanted to know if there are any other things I should look at on the rifle to determine if its a go or no-go?

Thanks!
TC
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Theres nothing wrong with it I would pick it up. My WASR-10 did that but I shot it more and it stopped.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top