Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:22:12 AM EDT
Need a value / price for a SLR-96, Bulgarian AK 7.62 w/ pinned muzzle brake milled receiver
all factory in at least 95% condition, no box, thumbhole stock, all factory, comes with one 5rd mag.

I'm looking at buying, and I need to make an offer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow , not too many of the wood stock models around.

The slr95mbs usually start at $450 - up to $600 if they are minty with acessories.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
SLR-96. They didn't come with a wood stock that I have seen.  Planet of the apes plastic stock.  Price $450.00 and up.  If you go up higher though you might as well pay for one of the new Arsenals which come with US parts and pistol grip configuration.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SLR-96. They didn't come with a wood stock that I have seen.........

The SLR95/SLR96 are the same rifle per say.  The 95 came with the synthetic thumb-hole & the 96 came with the wood thumb hole.

DK
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SLR-96. They didn't come with a wood stock that I have seen.........

The SLR95/SLR96 are the same rifle per say.  The 95 came with the synthetic thumb-hole & the 96 came with the wood thumb hole.

DK

SLR-93/SLR-95  93 wood thumhole stock(no muzzle device?)  95 Plastic thumbhole stock.  

The SLR-96 must have come in with both plastic and wood thumhole stocks then as I was going to purchase one, had it in my hands at the gunstore and said I would be in the next day to pick it up.  I made the mistake of telling a guy I worked with and he got there before me the next day and bought the rifle.  It was an SLR-96 for sure as I saw it many times when we went out shooting, I have shot it repeatedly, he sold the plastic thumbhole stock to another guy I work with.

I have found references to the 3 different rifles.  Some say the SLR-96 had a wood stock some say a plastic stock.  

Arsenal SLR

Notes: This is a family of semiautomatic civilian rifles which is based on the AR series. They share the same basic stock and mechanism, but have differing barrel lengths, weight, chamberings, and (in some cases) plastic magazines. The SLR-100 was the first to be introduced; it is fed by a plastic magazine and is equipped with a polymer thumbhole (or more like a handhole) stock which consists of what is basically a conventional pistol grip joined to the stock by a polymer strip. The metal parts of the rifle are from solid high-grade steel. The barrel is equipped with a muzzle brake. The weapon has a mount for a telescopic sight. The SLR-95 and SLR-96 are basically the same weapon, but are chambered for 7.62mm Kalashnikov; the SLR-96 is just a little heavier than the SLR-95. The SLR-97 Lux is also basically the same weapon, but has a longer barrel and wooden stock carved with various figures and designs. The SLR-101, while basically similar to the other 7.62mm SLR’s, is slightly shorter in the stock and is fed by a single-stack magazine which is not interchangeable with those of the other 7.62mm rifles (they use shorter staggered magazines).

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/printthread.php?t=68365

SLR-95 & SLR-96 *Discontinued*
The SLR-95 is the second Bulgarian model imported into the US. Like SA-93 it's a 100% Bulgarian made AK. It has milled receiver with 90 degree gas block and AKM style gas tube and front sight. It comes with polymer handguards and thumbhole stock. SLR-95MB is a variant with a muzzle brake. SLR-96 is a similar model with wood thumbhole stock. None of the variants came with cleaning rod or holders.

Arsenals site shows the SLR-96 as having a wood stock , either some came out with plastic at the end of the importation when they were going to no longer import them or someone changed the stockset out at the gunshop.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't go higher than $450.

I picked up a NIB SA93 for $425 shipped last fall.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not seen that many various SLR's to compare.  I mainly drew my conclusions because of my SLR manuals.

I cannot visually see any difference in the rifles themselves other than the stock.  Funny thing about mine is that I have one of the SLR's in the pistol grip config. and my manual shows the thumbhole.

As far as answering the original question - the price in the thumbhole version - I would try and stick to the $450-500 range.

In the pistol grip version - I've seen them go for upwards of $600.  I'd be more apt to keep in the $550 at most range.

DK
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think I could bring myself to go over the $550.00 for a like new version.  Nice rifles though.  The Muzzlebreak on them I don't like though.  I haven't seen one on the SA-93/SLR-93 (why can you find it with two different designations SA-93? SLR-93?)

The manual says the muzzlebrake was optional on the SLR-95/96 but I have never seen one without it.  I would be more tempted to buy one without.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought mine with the MB.  I'm not that fond of it after living with it now.  It is kind of a pain to clean and just makes the rifle a little louder.

Being milled and a tad bit heavier anyway - I don't really notice any recoil reduction that the MB offers.  If it wasn't a PIA to remove, I'd probably remove it.  I'm just lazy and have gotten used to it.

DK
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a SLR-101 NIB for $500 shipped a year ago. Arsenal makes the best AK's I've yet to see..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top