Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2006 12:45:59 PM EDT
I was surfing the mag info page last night, and looking at some mags I was about to put up for sale, and realized I have a 40 rounder marked with an arrow in triangle( izhevsk right?), and the number 9 on either side of the magazine near the base.

Is this a rare mag? Price check? Will post pics when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No, Romanian.. One of the most common 40rders out there..

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

LOL  Way to burst the guy's bubble Stottman!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks scottman, rather have my bubble burst then go on thinking I have something cool =).  So why was it marked with the triangle arrow? Forgery or something?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

what are you talking about .....I have 3 Romanian 40rd mags and there are no markings on them
on Romanian trunnins they do have a markings like that......but only Russian mags had stampings like that with the triangle with the full arrow in the middle.....if the arrow is full and not cut off it's Russian
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what are you talking about .....I have 3 Romanian 40rd mags and there are no markings on them
on Romanian trunnins they do have a markings like that......but only Russian mags had stampings like that with the triangle with the full arrow in the middle.....if the arrow is full and not cut off it's Russian

Markings are not always a sign of surety.
Remember. It costs money/time even to mark mags in manufacturing. Sounds dumb. But every little cheap ass bit counts to former Communist ran countries if you think about it. We have soo many questions here in the US of A, as to why.. why.. why.. Russia, and others did what you, and I could see is "less" on these assembly lines..... And how even us "laymen" could have came up with major improvements.

With markings....Not always so with Romanian mags......... research a bit more.

Romanian

and yes....sometimes Romy too.

Russian(izhmash/izhevsk)

Russian(tula)

Russian(molot)

Just some examples.....not all....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info 762...any idea why the rommys used so similar a marking?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Stottman,

looks like the guy is calling you out.  Set the young'un straight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info 762...any idea why the rommys used so similar a marking?

Lemme dig in my books.............

( i have no life.....lol)

I can't find it!

I guess I'm gonnaget off the computer til i find it again. it's bugging me now!

lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Stottman,

Well, seeing how the Arrow in triangle mark is the mark of Izhmash factory, and they never made RPKs or RPK magazines, I dont see how they could be Russian. A Russian RPK and RPK magazine will have the markings of Molot factory, which is a star in shield.

Lack of markings doesnt mean anything either.. They were not making Nikes..... They were making functional Military hardware... The marking or lack of didnt affect anything....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Stottman,

Well, seeing how the Arrow in triangle mark is the mark of Izhmash factory, and they never made RPKs or RPK magazines, I dont see how they could be Russian. A Russian RPK and RPK magazine will have the markings of Molot factory, which is a star in shield.

Lack of markings doesnt mean anything either.. They were not making Nikes..... They were making functional Military hardware... The marking or lack of didnt affect anything....

Well................I hail to the master
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks scottman, rather have my bubble burst then go on thinking I have something cool =).  So why was it marked with the triangle arrow? Forgery or something?

What are you talking about?
You have a 40 round mag, that's coolness in it's self!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 40 reliable rds IS COOL IN ITSELF.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, and no.  40 Rounds IS certainly cool, but not when the magazine wont clear your underfolding stock...thats a pain in the ass. Doh!

Guess I need to build another AK that will work with this magazine right?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Just shoot with the stock closed!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yes, and no.  40 Rounds IS certainly cool, but not when the magazine wont clear your underfolding stock...thats a pain in the ass. Doh!

Guess I need to build another AK that will work with this magazine right?

Quoted:

Now you are thinking the right way.  Welcome to the addiction.  There are some of us that will buy ammunition or magazines for firearms we don't even have only to have to acquire the firearm that goes with the ammunition or magazines that we couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Now you are thinking the right way.  Welcome to the addiction.  There are some of us that will buy ammunition or magazines for firearms we don't even have only to have to acquire the firearm that goes with the ammunition or magazines that we couldn't resist.

That's how I ended up with my Cetme.  Bought the 50 G3 mags for $50 and decided to buy a gun to use them with.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top