Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:46:01 PM EDT
Can anyone point me in a direction of a company that builds an AK in 7.62 AND has a triangle (Bulgie) side folder? I've been looking/researching but all if find are the ones in .223. Is there a reason why I don't see this combination offered?

Thanks,
Mickey
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The reason it isn't offered is it was never a production variation.  That doesn't mean they couldn't do it, but the number of actual AK manufacturers is limited.

1.  Arsenal.  They are built in Bulgaria and finished here.  They never made a 7.62 variant with a side folding triangular stock.  That variation was limited to the AK74.

2.  Cuigir.  Romania.  Same thing, but they've never offered a triangular folding stock on any rifle. SAR series, WASR series, etc.

3.  Vepr & Saiga.  Russian.  For sure they won't as their rifles are all imported in a sporting configuration.  Also, same as the Bulgarians.  They didn't come out with the sidefolding triangular stock until they started making the AK74.  The AK-103 is the closest, production variant you'll find.  7.62mm, but it doesn't have a sidefolding triangle stock, it has the sidefolding plastic stock.

All the other AKs are built from de-milled military rifles.  Since no one ever made a 7.62mm with a sidefolding triangle stock, there are no de-milled kits to work from.  The only way to get one is to bastardize it.  A 7.62 AKM kit with an AKS-74 buttstock.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
i think what your looking for would be a custom build,..so it will cost you some $$$

there is a picture of bin laden with  one,..i think they call it a "Khiber pass special" (sp?)

but to get one here in the states you would have to make it your self,...which means you whould have to change out your rear trunnion / tang.

any normal 7.62x39 AK would do as a donor,.. but the folder and hardware for it is not cheap and sometimes hard to find.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent a polish front end, AK-74 triangle folder to MCarms.  I'll post pics when it comes back.  Planning on a vortex for the front end.  Should be sweet.  (I'll post pics)  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i think what your looking for would be a custom build,..so it will cost you some $$$

there is a picture of bin laden with  one,..i think they call it a "Khiber pass special" (sp?)

www.swingdrummer.com/tabloid/osama.jpg

but to get one here in the states you would have to make it your self,...which means you whould have to change out your rear trunnion / tang.

any normal 7.62x39 AK would do as a donor,.. but the folder and hardware for it is not cheap and sometimes hard to find.

Now that's rich. I'd go with "ignorant" for $200 Alex.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I sent a polish front end, AK-74 triangle folder to MCarms.  I'll post pics when it comes back.  Planning on a vortex for the front end.  Should be sweet.  (I'll post pics)  

it should look pretty nice,..are you going with wood or plastic handguards and pistol grips?

how much is the build going to cost you?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top